Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To Toc

axgizmo

id sell it, mr2's are getting old, so obviously they are going to be costly to maintain. You dont seem prepared to do this, so sell it and buy something newer that may be more reliable....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• axgizmo

• Norfolk n Chance

• pauls n/a MR2 GTI

• Jinxed

I had to borrow the money to buy it as Ive just lost my other car in an accident which i am pretty sure i wont get anything back for so thats £800 lost... I knew It wasnt going to be cheap to run as ive always had old cars and i did my research. If i could afford a newer car, i wouldnt have bought one, new cars arent as much fun with all their gadgets (in my opinion)... I just didnt expect to have to fix it so much in the first 5/6 weeks. When i bought it the only thing i knew about was the electrics. other stuff started happening after i got the car.

id sell it, mr2's are getting old, so obviously they are going to be costly to maintain. You dont seem prepared to do this, so sell it and buy something newer that may be more reliable....

And how much would you get back on a car with a number of problems? Not enough to purchase anything newer that's for sure!!

A newer car doesn't guarantee to be any better, i've seen some 20 year old cars in better nick than some of the newer ones on the road today!!

in the 6 weeks ive had it, Its had the electrics sorted, new sensors etc, new clutch, new geargaiter, new sunvisors, a !Removed! good clean, It recently had a new Rad, Battery and Alt put on and now the cables. And until i snapped the cable from ragging it into gear (when clutch went) it drove perfect. So hopefully this will be the last repair bill for now.

I never expected it to be a mega reliable car dont get me wrong. As i said I just didnt realise this was all gonna happen, but with me not being psychic i couldnt have know really as everyone i spoke to thought the noise from the clutch was the release bearing...

Anyway, as i say, hopefully that should be it for now. at the end of the day, i paid 1k for the car, and ive spent less than £200 repairing it...

Im actually quite exited about getting her back now. :D

You mean, you might actually be able to go out driving it again?? :o

:lol:

You mean, you might actually be able to go out driving it again?? :o

dude it happens, ilook at the list i had for mine to do (see previous posts)

but it is so worth it i promise you.

at the end of the day it IS A TOYOTA, so when its fixed it will stay fixed. and i know thats hard to see now

but chin up x

Got home from work and dad had fixed her, stood there looking all smug haha! bless him!

Went out in her lastnight and she seems fine now :) for now :P

Went out in her lastnight and she seems fine now :) for now :P

Positive thinking!!

She is fine and will stay that way!! :lol:

Glad to see you're finally back on the road!! :thumbsup:

I've got it!!!! I am hactually cursed!!!

I actually do not believe it! Was driving to my fellas today at around 75 on the motorway and just as im about to come off at his Junction (I had my indicators on i was that close to coming off the M6) and steam pours out of my engine bay!!!!

I do the routine which is becoming a bit too common for my liking, Pull over stop, turn car off, Open engine cover and the cap on the radiator is bubbling away and there is steam pouring out! Grrrr!!

When my dad and his mechanic looked the car over they noticed the Fan was constantly on... It seems the pillock i bought the car off did this to (it appears) cover the fact that the car was over

Well, I had my suspitions and they're confirmed! It was an airlock. Dad said his mechanic told him that i may get an airlock after a bit of driving since they drained everything then filled it all again.

Dad just forgot to tell me lol!

As i said the other night, women drivers!! :lol:

Looks good! :thumbsup:

But, can you drive it yet??

As in has everything been fixed now??

But for how long???

:o ;) :lol:

It will be fine i own 2 and both were off the road the other week lol my black ones gear cable snapped just like yuors and clutch went, now drives like a dream, white one is just being worked on.

Just look at it as you know what youve done and what you have fixed and now it wont happen again, you know what history you have done to it, buy another and it will be back to square one. If you get what i mean

Yeah i guess! Since i bought it tho i found its the crappy 120bhp engine! so as soon as ive paid off my Credit card im getting a tubby, Or at least a 3s-GE :( lol

id like a tubby but gonna drive my 3S-GE for a while and get used to driving sideways 1st!!!