Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To Toc

axgizmo

Ive no money to sort it, Im 2.5K in debt because i crashed my other car then bought this one :'(

*sigh*

get a chair,

put it next to the rear passenger wheel and stand on it with the engine cover open,lean over and down over your engine. just down under the airbox at the very bottom on the side nearest the cabin is the gearbox.

get your !Removed! to sit in the car and move the gear lever from side to side listen to the noises and where they are coming from, if it is a clanking noise isolate the area and what is the cause.

there is a metal plate with a rubber well what looks like a ball inside it and 2 cables. its a router cable for the gear selector, it should be bolted to the gearbox bell housing but the bolts can come loose and fall out due to vibration/movement of the unit.

if this has come completely loose its sounds like a bag of tins in a washing machine and gear changes become difficult, mine did it this week on the way home from the mot.

it takes 2 x 9mm thread bolts, one above the other but if you dont have any just get 2 bolts that slide in without threading then wrap tape ie duck tape or insulating tape around them then thread them in, leaving the first 10mm free to aid guiding this wont damage the threads and will get it back in place.

if it was'nt raining side ways here i would go out and take the pics for you so you know what to look for but it is and im off to work soon so cant, ps ill be over head lancashire about 17.30 and then about 18.50 so if this helps wave up.

if its not this then im sorry i dont know what it could be without more details.

Paul

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• axgizmo

• Norfolk n Chance

• pauls n/a MR2 GTI

• Jinxed

lol i shall wave :)

The clutch is really hard to push down now, Like theres something pushing against it, It goes in gear when car is off (with or without clutch easiely)

But when car is running it will not go in Gear at all.

I have printed off this page and will poass on to my dad lol! thanks for your help so far anyway :)

Luckily my dads friend has a garage, i just need to book it in for a saturday so we can work on it... Oh and get it there lol *rolls eyes*

:hug:

You'll be ok, just look really upset and keep fluttering your eylashes! ;)

It gets blokes to do pretty much anything!!

:lol:

The comment that needs to be deleted immediately in case there are some females that dont know this allready! :!Removed!:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT PUT THINGS LIKE THIS ANYWHERE AS THERE MAY BE A POSSIBILITY OF ENDING THE WORLD! JESUS ***** MAN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING.... GO SIT DOWN AND CONTEMPLATE WHAT YOU !Removed! WELL DID THERE!

J/K :lol:

The comment that needs to be deleted immediately in case there are some females that dont know this allready! :shutit:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT PUT THINGS LIKE THIS ANYWHERE AS THERE MAY BE A POSSIBILITY OF ENDING THE WORLD! JESUS ***** MAN WHAT ARE YOU THINKING.... GO SIT DOWN AND CONTEMPLATE WHAT YOU BLOODY WELL DID THERE!

J/K :lol:

*gets coat

What you think we dont know the eyelash trick? that is the oldest trick in the book ;)

Its up there with Guys winking sending our legs to jelly lol

I keep trying to find a way to neutralise the female power of 'bloke control'.... the best i came up with so far involves a ball gag and several rolls of gaffer tape.... it works... but it isn't pretty!

There is an alternative....

if you can get it to a toyota dealer or any other garage that will do similarly then you can ask them if they can have a look and give you a quote for fixing it..... this will quite possibly identify whats wrong as they'll tell you and unless you choose to pay for repair then it will also likely be free. Leaving you to get the part and fit.

Of course you need to get it down to one which is easier if the poor car would drive :(

She's sat outside the garage waiting to be found by my dads friend to be put on ramps ready for when my dad gets there after he finishes work

My clutch fell into 8 pieces... Springs everywhere apparently!

It would have been done if my dad hadnt forgot 2 bolts... Nevermind! Get her back today! YEY!!!!

Just had a look and my "local" toyota dealer is 35 miles away!!! In CUMBRIA!!!

:angry:

Mine's about 10 miles from me, right next to VW & a load of other dealers, luckily though it's just down the road from my work so if ever I need to go I can just go home a different way & it barely makes a difference to the travel time.

Glad it's on the mend again

Glad to hear your back on the mend,

just finished some more work on mine but still lots to go!

was looking out for your wave but the weather was keeping me occupied.

I was waving so high i think i nearly slapped god (no offence ment to any religious people)

3 hours to go! wooooooo

well, my dad took the car apart and when taking the clutch out it fell int 8 pieces!!! lol

So it appears it wasnt the bearing after-all lol!

When my dads friend looked over the car he said everything looked good and i just need a new switch for the fan, as it is on constantly apparently, appart from that she is fine now :)

Been chatting to a few people and getting some idea's and ive decided when ive got some cash i need a de-cat pipe, a racing lambda and a different air-filter which should hopefully get some ponies back :)

I know how you feel with things to do but not the cash to do it!

Patience will get us there though!

Not having much luck with this car at all!!

Cant drive her, again!

the Forward/backward Gear cable has snapped!

Possibly due to old age! more likely due to old age combined with recent loss of clutch! :imsowwwi

So im carless again! 4 weeks of ownership, 2 weeks of being driven... not doing too well so far am i!

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed that all your bad luck has come at once and when it's fixed it'll be problem free!!

:thumbsup:

!Removed! hell

Keep the faith, I'm sure you'll get to spend some time on the road at some point

It broke on saturday and ive still not even recieved the second hand cables ive ordered!

My word im fed up with this car. if i didnt need the car so much id sell it

My word im fed up with this car.

As long as its relatively minor stuff going wrong for you then it's not so bad :) When the necessary bits are renewed you will very much be glad you waited....

as long as its relatively minor stuff :)

hang on in there.... the time will go past quickly enough :thumbsup:

Im just fed up with it now! Just want rid really

When i bought the car he told me the cambelt had been done. i cant find a reciept to prove this so im gonna have to get that done too!

Sorry it seems like im a moaner i just think the guy who sold me the car truely took the p*$$ when he told me it was a brilliant, mechanically sound car!

I think i should take your name "jinxed" lol :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links