Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Covers

fmm

I am picking up my RAV4 XT-R next Saturday. THe problem is that I always have leather seats on my vehicles so that when I drop things or my son or dog jumps in the car it is easy to wipe the seats down. This time, for economic reasons, I have gone for the normal seats. Are there any special seat covers that I can buy which would look good i.e. not like seat covers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi fmm

Welcome to the club.

I think we've had this before and I think it was clare who suggested some accessory covers but non specifically for the RAV, just do a search.

However, I think the proper factory seat covers are replaceable so you can ask our resident parts guru Parts-King for a price. He will need you chassis No etc. You would only need them if they eventually get bgrd!

This link is for fitting heaters to the leather seats but the standard covers fit in a similar way. Be sure to price any non replaceable clips - kingo will tell you.

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...l%20version.pdf

I am picking up my RAV4 XT-R next Saturday. THe problem is that I always have leather seats on my vehicles so that when I drop things or my son or dog jumps in the car it is easy to wipe the seats down. This time, for economic reasons, I have gone for the normal seats. Are there any special seat covers that I can buy which would look good i.e. not like seat covers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

I had the same decision to make when I bought my RAV 4 XTR last year.

I opted for the cloth covered seats when I would normally choose leather.

At the time I allowed the sales man to talk me into "Supergard" the whole car for about £225.00. EEK! I thought. Any way, I swollowed the pill and had it done.

About three months ago I ended up eating fish & chips in the car with a can of coke. I do not normally eat in the car but needs must on this occasion. As you will have geussed, I spilled the whole full can of coke onto my lap. I was angry, real angry because my new RAV has now got a can of coke on the drivers seat, and I knew I should not have been foolish enough to eat in the car. However, to my astonishment and I kid you not, the coke just formed into a giant globule on the seat, it did NOT soak into the cloth, this allowed me time to get it soaked up with tissues. When I got home with serious intent to wash the seat I found that there wasn't any real need too, although I did, but I was completely amazed! No sticky residue, no sign of a stain on the seat. It was as if nothing happened.

So well worht the expense.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links