Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Demister And Rear Screen Seal

Bilal8210

Right ive got a 1998 avensis gls and my rear demister has stopped working, the light still comes on so pulled of the panel at the back and one side of the connectors has come off. how do i go about getting this back on to the screen? tried soldering but it just wasnt having it....

Looks like its happened because the seal around the window on the outside has come loose and water has gotten through? i didnt think it could though as ive tested it several times and its always been dry....anyway is there a way of sorting the seal out without having to change the window...looks like il probaly need a new seal...do toyota do them? and would it fit?

any help really appreciated

thanx

billy

Hello, far from me to suggest something like this but what about putting a hammer through it and claim on insurance with excess around £50 it sounds a lot easier than finding and fitting seals and soldering bits, by the time you buy a seal at what £10 to £20 and spend time and effort i know what i would do!!! Sorry im all out of sensible answers at the mo......

good Luck

Ian

Hi Bilal, sorry mate can't help you much with this, only that I have exactly the same problem. I tried soldering but everytime it pulls of the solderpad on the rear screen. Anyone get anymore suggestion as I don't want to replace the screen. Cheers, Kam

Hi Bilal, check out this post: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...amp;hl=demister.

Vmax1 has suggested something called Rear Screen Heater Tab Adhesive from: http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/PermaPo...__Sealants.html.

Depending on how damaged the circuit is you may also need: Electro Connector Heated Screen Repair Kit. As mentioned in my last post I tried soldering many times and failed, resulting in me ripping off a fair amount of the demister circuit.

I am going to order today. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks VMax1 for the post.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links