Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 2 Mpg

toy car-ina

Hi! I have a Toyota carine 2 1.6 Auto.

I am getting around 20 mpg.

Is this good??

I thought this was a bit low!!

Just wandered if anybody could help.

Thanks

I am getting around 20 mpg. Is this good??

No, not good at all.

Should certainly be in the 30s. Probably mid 30s which is almost twice the MPG you're getting.

Hard to diagnose without a lot more info though. Has the car been serviced recently? Any diagnostic lights lit up?

• 4 weeks later...

I get very low mpg from a 1.6 Carina II auto but then most journeys are only a mile or two, so the poor car hardly ever gets into overdrive. It's much better on a motorway run, as you'd expect.

• 6 months later...
I get very low mpg from a 1.6 Carina II auto but then most journeys are only a mile or two, so the poor car hardly ever gets into overdrive. It's much better on a motorway run, as you'd expect.

Well I know it's an old thread, but my '94 Carina E has just achieved 35 MPG in it's first week of ownership. It's accurate, because I just filled it to the brim, ran it for a week then brimmed it again, divided miles by the gallon and voila.

I'm delighted with the economy - the majority of my driving is <2 miles, and the furthest I normally drive is about 10 miles, but still up and down the gearbox.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links