Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Seats...

Jimlad

Ok.. I made a post about this a while back but I think it got deleted...

I'm after some comfy ( gotta be comfy ) aftermarket seats. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells them ?? Also, can anyone recommend a certain make etc ??

How much would it cost to get the original seats re-upholsered ?? ( leather )

ta

Hi Jim,

To get your seats re-upholstered your probably looking at between £500-£700

:thumbsup:

I got a quote to get my seats re-upholstered and they said £650, but I know a freind of a freind of a freind who said he could probably do it for half price.

I think you'll find MOST aftermarket one's seem to be racing bucket seats...not to comfortable. I'd try and find either some MR2 spec Recaros (Saw some in a mates 1998 vvti G-limited...one of the one's with one of the 1000 engines ever made for the MR2 :o ) or some from a WRX.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

oooooh... do you have any more info ??

my seats aren't in that bad condition.. not ripped or anything. Driver side is getting quite worn though ( leather ).. where you get in and out.

buckets can be very comfy but you hqav to find the right seat, as they are designed to be very supportive if you choose the wrong one your in trouble, if you find the right one your in heaven....

I remember from when I was a Toyota parts manager we priced up a single MR2 seat & because you have to buy all the parts that make up the seat seperately it came to about £2000!! :o

You cant buy a complete seat. :(

You could just get the back upright leather section for your seat if its just the leather wearing but still about £500!

corbeau_carrera.jpg

what about this sort of seat from dedezign ?? Looks a bit more comfy... obviously not in that colour.. maybe black/red.

I hate how toyota make you buy the parts as apposed to the whole thing. I was looking for a new tbar roof panel.. they said I had to buy the glass.. the seals.. the locking mech.... lol .. WTF ?!!

It's called making money! By selling all the parts separately, they can charge more for the individual items. It kinda of hides the price of the item by breaking it up into smaller chunks.

I've been looking at bucket seats, I like the reclining ones, as they can be suited to however to like to sit... But i'm thinking of some standrad Cobra Bucket seats... You can get them for £100 each which is good.

Your best bet her em8 is to go into a racing shop. (Follow rice boys shouldnt b 2 hard 2 keep up w. em ;) )

They usually hae quite a few eats on display, just sit in emand try em out. I did that and was suprised that whilst 2 seats may look the same they can feel really different. I also tested it against the ways i drive, i.e. i rest my left arm on the centre panel if im steering w. my right arm, or my right arms againt the door etc.

At the end of the day you want a seat that'l be comfortable for you cos ur the one driving.

-Z