Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xtr Delivery Date?

Mc Tavish

Hi folks

I was getting my 55 plate XT5 serviced in the middle of January an was ambushed by sales rep and to my shame was talked into changing to XTR . However after much negotiation and cheeky good banter both sales rep and me & her indoors came away from table in good spirits and thinking we got a good deal and getting the car on 1st march. Now a week before picking up the new motor we are told that because of the colour of the RAV (Deep Blue) is causing a delay???? :ffs: is this a common problem? anyone out there having or had the same problem? startin to think may have made a mistake :blink: hope not!!!

McTavish :thumbsup:

Hi folks

I was getting my 55 plate XT5 serviced in the middle of January an was ambushed by sales rep and to my shame was talked into changing to XTR . However after much negotiation and cheeky good banter both sales rep and me & her indoors came away from table in good spirits and thinking we got a good deal and getting the car on 1st march. Now a week before picking up the new motor we are told that because of the colour of the RAV (Deep Blue) is causing a delay???? :ffs: is this a common problem? anyone out there having or had the same problem? startin to think may have made a mistake :blink: hope not!!!

McTavish......

Do you have it in writing on there headed paper they assured you it would be delivered by 1st March....If so I would use this as a bargaining tool for some extras

When will the new date be for the delivery......

Is it the 2008 model XTR your getting as well...........Nice car.....

Remember years ago getting a call from company car dealer, to be told my new car will be slightly late....I asked why ;) only to be told the driver failed to secure it on the transporter and it fell off...Still got better car after changing............

Are you getting it from Uncle Arnold ?

AAAHHHH i see Uncle arnold is famous for this is he ???? youre good at guessin but yes uncle arnold is the bad man in this wee story

Hi folks

McTavish......

Do you have it in writing on there headed paper they assured you it would be delivered by 1st March....If so I would use this as a bargaining tool for some extras

When will the new date be for the delivery......

Is it the 2008 model XTR your getting as well...........Nice car.....

Remember years ago getting a call from company car dealer, to be told my new car will be slightly late....I asked why ;) only to be told the driver failed to secure it on the transporter and it fell off...Still got better car after changing............

Yep ETA 13th march hope it will be here sooner but not holding out much hope !!! :crybaby: yes we have the agreement on paper and thats a good idea will use it to twist thier arm for some more goodies but already got a full tank o diesel,mats ,mudflaps, could try for first year service for nowt..... God loves a tryer!! :D

AAAHHHH i see Uncle arnold is famous for this is he ???? youre good at guessin but yes uncle arnold is the bad man in this wee story

Hmmmm, I know he gets a lot of stick from some people, but being the biggest independant car dealer in the UK

I wouln't think he is bullsh^tting you. I found that if you are looking at cars and dont like the colour he is offering

he will ship another one from any branch in the UK with no obligation to buy. Still might be worth a verbal assault

to see what you can get for compensation, maybe some accessories or you will cancel and go elsewhere.

Good luck. ;)

I'd try the local negotiation. I wrote to him personally once with a grievance and all I got back was a verbal bag of diarrhoea. waste of time. I have avoided them like the plague ever since. That and another local joker.

Hi folks

I'm collecting a black XTR on 1st March. I wanted blue but the wife won! Interestingly the salesman didn't seem keen on us choosing blue, and yet all the pictures in newspaper ads. and on the Toyota website are in that colour.....

Hi folks

I'm collecting a black XTR on 1st March. I wanted blue but the wife won! Interestingly the salesman didn't seem keen on us choosing blue, and yet all the pictures in newspaper ads. and on the Toyota website are in that colour.....

It would apear that all the blue ones are either getting their photos took or at "The Movies"!!!!! maybe i shouldve went to itv for the car they seem to have plenty!!! :D

Theres still no update so looks like ill have to phone car insurers to swap insurance back to old motor!!!! :ffs: Which of will cost me for changing mid policy!!! :censor:

Theres still no update so looks like ill have to phone car insurers to swap insurance back to old motor!!!! :ffs: Which of will cost me for changing mid policy!!! :censor:

This happened to me, but the dealer loaned me their demo until the car arrived 3 weeks later.

I ordered a Black XTR 2 weeks ago - 2-3 weeks delivery or there abouts. The blue's were on 6-8 weeks delivery. Sounds like he's not telling porkies.

Anybody who gives you a firm date, ie 1st March, must know the particular car is either in stock or on its way. If it was ordered, the system would tell us 2-3 weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, it is NOT a precise science as delays in customs/docks/tides /cars falling off lorries :eek: all play there part in delays. Your dealer has kept you informed and I would not be unduly worried, however if you incur charges for insurance swaps etc, speak with your dealer, he may be able to help you. Remember, March is the plate change month and there will be tens of thousands of cars being built/transported around the country, some delays will be inevitable

Kingo :thumbsup:

Anybody who gives you a firm date, ie 1st March, must know the particular car is either in stock or on its way. If it was ordered, the system would tell us 2-3 weeks or 8-10 days or whatever, it is NOT a precise science as delays in customs/docks/tides /cars falling off lorries :eek: all play there part in delays. Your dealer has kept you informed and I would not be unduly worried, however if you incur charges for insurance swaps etc, speak with your dealer, he may be able to help you. Remember, March is the plate change month and there will be tens of thousands of cars being built/transported around the country, some delays will be inevitable

Thanks for the insight, have found all this out slowly and having ordered the car mid january hope you can understand our dissapointment in finding out days before picking the car up it won't be here until 13th march but have since found out that rep has known for some weeks and failed to inform us :blink: so i think the not knowing or being told is worse than the car not being here on time but putting it down to a break down in communications and an oversight on salesmans part! spoke to them today and light at end of tunnel a few more goodies thrown in so smile back on :yes:

thanks again

McTavish

I ordered a Black XTR 2 weeks ago - 2-3 weeks delivery or there abouts. The blue's were on 6-8 weeks delivery. Sounds like he's not telling porkies.

Hi thanks for the post

never doubted him just that he told us days before car was due to be picked having ordered car mid january! just wish id knew but its all coming good now after a few choice words and a bit o arm twistin got a few more goodies thrown in So light at end o tunnel think i can wait for another fortnight

Seen a black XTR in showroom and was very tempted just to go for that one so enjoy your new Rav when it comes realy nice motor :thumbsup: McTavish

Well Spank me silly :yahoo: just had phone call from uncle Arnold , car is just being unloaded from transporter and will be ready for start of week !!! but wait AAAARRRGGGHHHHH cant get a day off now till next Saturday. NOW WHO'S THE DONKEY ?:wacko: well wasn't expecting it till the following week ,anybody out there got a tardis or time machine? i'm trying not to sound deserate (not really working is it?) Well all good things......... and all that just hope it dosen't fall of transporter now .....! insurance company will think i've lost the plot.......! :wacko:

Soon to be new Rav XTR owner

aka

McTavish

Well Spank me silly :yahoo: just had phone call from uncle Arnold , car is just being unloaded from transporter and will be ready for start of week !!! but wait AAAARRRGGGHHHHH cant get a day off now till next Saturday. NOW WHO'S THE DONKEY ?:wacko: well wasn't expecting it till the following week ,anybody out there got a tardis or time machine? i'm trying not to sound deserate (not really working is it?) Well all good things......... and all that just hope it dosen't fall of transporter now .....! insurance company will think i've lost the plot.......! :wacko:

aka

McTavish

I'm not too far from you so i can pick it up if you like or even put it onto my car transporter trailer for delivery....???

Just being nice!!

aka

McTavish

I'm not too far from you so i can pick it up if you like or even put it onto my car transporter trailer for delivery....???

Just being nice!!

Are you serious???? her indoors has decided to make a day of it "shopping ,lunch ,shopping, pick the car up shopping and then a late dinner"Hope after dinner shops are shut!!! however think ur idea best and no doubt cheaper but cross the female at ur peril !!! :!Removed!: another thing dont think the rep would give the car to anyone else he has been warned not to under punishment of death! :!Removed!: HELL HATH NO FURY!!!!

IT'S GONA B A LONG DAY but worth it in end :toast:

McTavish

See.......I told you the dates are subject to change...........To suit shopping days :D:

aka

McTavish

Just being nice!!

Are you serious???? her indoors has decided to make a day of it "shopping ,lunch ,shopping, pick the car up shopping and then a late dinner"Hope after dinner shops are shut!!! however think ur idea best and no doubt cheaper but cross the female at ur peril !!! :shutit: another thing dont think the rep would give the car to anyone else he has been warned not to under punishment of death! :shutit: HELL HATH NO FURY!!!!

McTavish

learn sumpthin everyday - shops in South west Scotland!!! Try the boat to Belfast an make a week o it!!

aka

McTavish

Just being nice!!

Are you serious???? her indoors has decided to make a day of it "shopping ,lunch ,shopping, pick the car up shopping and then a late dinner"Hope after dinner shops are shut!!! however think ur idea best and no doubt cheaper but cross the female at ur peril !!! :!Removed!: another thing dont think the rep would give the car to anyone else he has been warned not to under punishment of death! :!Removed!: HELL HATH NO FURY!!!!

McTavish

learn sumpthin everyday - shops in South west Scotland!!! Try the boat to Belfast an make a week o it!!

Thankfully she dosen't do boats well not at this time o year she's a fair weather sailor!! and nothin in belfast that u can't find in Glesga well apart from the houses arn't as colourful or have the same external decoration!!! :blink:

Mctavish

Which restaurant were you thinking of? You don't mean you can sit and eat while people are walking around your car?

Drive Thru Mc Donalds is the answer.

Or you could hire bothy to gaurd it. Leave him on the back seat with a bottle of nitrous. Nobody will touch it.

Enjoy your new motor!!!

See.......I told you the dates are subject to change...........To suit shopping days :D:

Yep pleased now may give you a shout for a price for the luggage net / dog guard the cloth one that fits into roof lining? if the one for old rav dosen't fit :thumbsup:

McTavish

Mctavish

Which restaurant were you thinking of? You don't mean you can sit and eat while people are walking around your car?

Drive Thru Mc Donalds is the answer.

Or you could hire bothy to gaurd it. Leave him on the back seat with a bottle of nitrous. Nobody will touch it.

Enjoy your new motor!!!

Thanks for that a bottle o nerve pills will be first on shopping list as you know it'll happen driving along and far off in distance you see it coming the flashing orange light, a sure sign of impending doom either a gritter or the tractor thats leaving most of field its been in on the road and sure as a cats a hairy beast either sombody minding their own buisness passes you hear it Crack Clatter and to the cry of YOU ****** its either that or the curse of the phantom shopper with the demonic trolley !!!!!! :thumbsup: OHH well it happens to us all!!

McTavishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links