Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Contract Mobiles

97paseo

It's nearly time to change mine again, just wondering if anyone knows any good sites? I know of dial-a-phone & thats about it!

I'm after a Nokia - proberly a 7210 or the similar one with the camera, not really fussed, any ideas? :)

phones for you are okay?

Can get some good contract deals form the providers website ie 02 etc

Saying that, the 02 website is quite good.

Still cant beat a good old haggle and barter in the shop tho!!!

Give it some google action

type in online mobile shops

.....and wait for the 380,000,000,000,000,000? replies

.....and wait for the 380,000,000,000,000,000? replies

:lol: Yea tried that hence posting here!!! :lol:

I'm confused! :wacko:

You could try Carphone Warehouse. I've got my last 4 mobiles from them and they have been alright.

If you think there's any chance of you wanting to get rid of your phone before the contract runs out make sure you take out the "lifeline complete" insurance as this allows you to cancel anytime you like, it's expensive but you may be glad you got it if you don't like the phone/network etc..

As for the phones, if you ever plan on using bluetooth (wireless hands free etc.) STAY AWAY from Nokia. Thier bluetooth is notoriously bad and doesn't work with everything. The only exception to this is the 6310i which I had for a while, great phone, bluetooth mostly works but the phone is ugly as sin. I've now got a T68i and have never looked back.

I would go for the sony-erricsons (T-610 or Z600) these have excellent bluetooth, colour screen, camera and the look good as well. Then all you need is a good bluetooth handsfree kit for the Motor.

Check out this site, it will tell you where the best deals are & what the phone will truly cost you over the contract period.

Click Here

try www.mobileshop.com, don't bother ordering online just phone them. You can haggle with them and get a deal to suit what you want.

I managed to get loads of stuff out of them, complete bluetooth car kit fully installed! not to bad me thinks!

I'd stick with a nokia though as there the most user friendly :yes: and you can't go wrong!

anyway good luck!

Marc

I know nothing about the current UK operators (I had Orange when I was there and it was fine), but just to support dazwan's comment about SonyEricsson. I have a T68i and it's a great wee phone. Personally I got it mainly for the Battery life (10 days standby), but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of features. :thumbsup:

With a contract here it cost me €9 :D

Next you need to get yourself a bluetooth enabled Palm Tungsten (I have a 'T' but would love a 'T3').

This works great with the T68i. You can browse the web on the palm (via the phone) and have the palm make your phone dial numbers direct from the palm's address book. What's best is that you don't even need to take your phone out of your pocket to do any of this (especially if you have a BT handsfree kit) :P

Next you need to get yourself a Bluetooth enabled Palm Tungsten (I have a 'T' but would love a 'T3').

This works great with the T68i. You can browse the web on the palm (via the phone) and have the palm make your phone dial numbers direct from the palm's address book. What's best is that you don't even need to take your phone out of your pocket to do any of this (especially if you have a BT handsfree kit) :P

Sounds fine - except for the cost! :(

I use the phone (as a phone) as little as possible (within my minutes). The T68i has all those things like SMS, MMS, WAP, email etc, but I never use any of it because it is just tooooo expensive.

Anyway I hate phones. It is just an essential piece of equipment that I put up with these days :D

if your after a nice simple phone then i'd highly recommend the nokia 6310i, i've had all the fancy T68i and even tried 3g (yes its crap!) but have found that the nokia 6310i has been the best pohne by far.

I had a T68i, but now I have a nokia forget the number, but its like th G-shock of the phone world, good cos it likes building sites/dust/rain etc

if your after a nice simple phone then i'd highly recommend the nokia 6310i,  i've had all the fancy T68i ...

Depends how much you use bluetooth! When I had a 6310i I couldn't sync with my PC (via Bluetooth), this was the only fault I had with it, but it was enough to make me take it back. With the T68i the bluetooth has worked with everything I have tried to connect it to.

As for simple, I never need to get my phone out of my bag when I'm out and about. I can dial using my TungstenT and the wireless Handsfree kit allows me to make my calls. Couldn't be simpler!

I must say though, the 6310i has by far the best reception out there, I used to get calls when I was out walking in (South) Wales and I always had a full signal. Oh and the standby time was amazing!