Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Pressure Gauge

gezmeister

Gonna be getting one of these soon, any ideas on how i hook it up to the engine? I've heard sandwich plates been mentioned, is this necessary or can i wire it in without one?

either that or get a 't' piece and use the take off point for the stock switch although saying that the stock pressure switch is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard so you can just use that point and forget the T piece

Might sound like a silly question but if i take the oil filter off to fit a sandwich plate, do i then have to change the oil???

Gonna get oil pressure and oil temperature so i think a sandwich plate will be a lot easier, they're only about £20 off eBay.

I'm guessing that the take off on the plate are marked so you don't wire pressure to temp and vice versa???

• 2 weeks later...
Might sound like a silly question but if i take the oil filter off to fit a sandwich plate, do i then have to change the oil???

Gonna get oil pressure and oil temperature so i think a sandwich plate will be a lot easier, they're only about £20 off ebay.

I'm guessing that the take off on the plate are marked so you don't wire pressure to temp and vice versa???

You need to be taking the oil pressure from the cylinder head as this is where the pressure is at its lowest. As Dawesy says utilise the existing take off in the head or fit a remote sender like the one on mine. Do not use one of those brass T pieces. The vibration will probably cause it to fracture and you'll be cleaning up oil for a month of Sundays. :D OK to use a sandwich plate for the temp though. But try to protect the filter with something that'll reflect the heat. It sits very close to the turbo.

T PIECE (Rubbish)

BrassMultiadapterforoilpressureetc.jpg

REMOTE

Remoteoilpressenders18-06-2006.jpg

SANDWICH PLATE

01c6f776.jpg