Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 / 1.6 Vvti

hobnob

:help:

Got me self a 1.4 VVti had it about 4 months.......but getting a bit fed up with the lack of performance from it...

Was at my dealer yesterday and they pointed out a 3 dr 1.6 is the same price as a 5 dr 1.4 (what I have) so from a performance point of view is it worth the hassle after 4 months changing the car to a 1.6??

Will be test driving a one as soon as I can get the time off work......

Even though they are the same price new, it will cost you a fair bit to change after this short period. :(

I have 1.4vvti, its an xreg mind, its also the 5dr lftback, I have no problems with the performance! and hell a 1.4 putting out just short of 100 horses is pretty damn good.

Dont forget if you want to change that your car will have undoubtedly devalued a lot as dub_boy said

Well in terms of value, it depends on which model you have, a 52 reg 1.6 T3 5dr with 6,000 miles on it in perfect condition is worth approx £8400 trade in according to the Glass's guide (the one that dealers use).

As regards performance:-

1.4 5dr 0-62 : 12 seconds

1.6 3dr 0-62 : 10.2 seconds.

12 seconds is not really all that slow, it probably just feels slower than it actually is because of how smooth and quiet Toyota engines are.

At the end of the day it's upto you, but I reckon that you'll be looking at £1500-£3000 depending on which model you want to change.

I'm not talking about getting a new 1.6 you know... I'm talking about getting a one as close to the same age and milage as the one I have should one become available.... so if both cars are worth the same then surely it wont cost big money to change?

I think you should really drive this car with a harder press on the accelerator pedal since VVTi-s really come alive at above 4500 rpm...

hey...i got a 1400 VVti and it rocks....i had a 2 ltr Megane b4 and whil not as fast i really am glad i changed....Try fitting an induction kit anf a back box for a sportier sound....I got a TTE twin tail box on mine it looks the mutts

sell it and get a t,sport mate!!! :thumbsup:

Should notice a differance if you do that ... but remember it will also hit the wallet in petrol and insurance. (for £35-40 fuel i get between 230 and 322 miles depending how its driven :) )

Dave5282:

I have 1.4vvti, its an xreg mind, its also the 5dr lftback, I have no problems with the performance!

Same here. :)

I regularly do 210 kph on downhills, and 200 kph on level roads (both indicated). Even with my 17" rims, I did a 18.622 sec 1/4 mile with a slippery launching surface (at sea level). That's not that bad for a heavy hatch with a small (unmodified) motor, eh? :D