Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Finished!

john905

that looks excellent! my first question, as i've already asked dawsey a few, what gearbox/driveshafts do i need? ;)

well mate as im on a budget i used celica 2.0 non turbo gearbox and drive shafts but you have to use clutch plate off non turbo and presure plate off turbo

but i would recommemd using a rev 3 mr2 turbo gearbox as they have lsd standard would have thought the drive shfts off mr2 should fit to

im looking into shafts at the mo as the levin supercharge ones are like hens teeth.

i think if you get shafts from an ST-165 celica and make an MR2/ST-165 hybrid that should work as the 165 has a narrower track like the rolla

i ask as i think i'm going to make the jumps to 3s-gte too :lol: just got myself a long block, nee some ancillaries now :P

what rev engine is it?

i belive it's a rev 2 i should be able to confirm which one on wednesday. i'll be bending your ear for advice on this job dawsey ;) if that's okay, another question how did you manage the wiring loom?

erm...well i sat down with the wiring diagrams for both engines and then adapted the 3s loom to fit the rolla. better idea though is use the 4a loom and change the pinouts to suit the 3s ecu adding wires where necessary

:toast:

Great work there producing that John. It looks fantastic, and with the 3S-GTE in it will have the go to match its looks.

I know I could never build anything that good, with our without Dawesy's help.

yeah it was not the easyest job to to but well worth it but kepted me busy over winter

neither of you know where i can get a cheap ct26 do you, my rev 2 block arrived and i've got some manifolds on order but i lack the turbo. or a ct20b would be welcome to, i'm on a rather minimal budget at present tho

no sorry i would check eBay i bought a ct20 with a snapped exhaust turbine that i am waiting to have the funds to get repaired as i am on a budget

to

dawsey, where did you manage to dig up most of your parts? did you have a donor car or scour eBay? :huh:

eBay is a good place a used CT in working order can be had for about £100-£150 but you do take your chances a rebuild on one is around £400.

or yeah you can get a donor car, MOT failures etc or keep your eyes on the GT4 owners clubs as there are often cars being broken.

theres also Trevor at TCB, he has most things GT4 available

cheers dawsey, i'll keep my eyes peeled, what the TCB by the way?

Toyota Celica Breakers, based in Cornwall (they do mail order) get pretty much anything Toyota esp GT4. click me

how did you get round the fact that the MR2 Gearbox is the wrong way round? shift linkage etc :huh:

you remove the mr2 linkage assembly, fit a celica one and blank off the hole at the front (i used an engine freeze plug) then mark out the two bolt holes for the other bit of linkage and drill and tap (be carefull not to go too far in)

• 2 weeks later...

john905 which revision engine did you use? so to clarify- you used a celica FWD gearbox and driveshafts? are they from the ST182

Seriously impressive. Car looks great, savage wheels. Nice colour.

I am biased as I love the shape of that car.

John, am I correct to say that the engine is basicly stock apart from the obvious Frontmount, HKS SMF and BOV? And also what kind of power is it running? great job too BTW.

Nice work, they were the days! Enjoy it, and nice work Dawesy, hope you are well.

Nad

nad hows it going. what you running now?

thanks for the coments on the car, blew it up again, rod faliure. to be fair they were out of their depth. new engine ready soon though

Awesome conversion this, into a very nice looking car.

My friend and I have a track car that we want to convert to 3SGE, we think the turbo would give us to much unuseable power. Would be really pleased if you could provide me with the answers to a few other questions.

No one has mentioned what engine mounts you need to fit this engine, and also does the Corolla standard rad keep it cool enough after a long pasteing?

Do the Rolla hubs suit or do you need to use others to fit the shafts, we already have GT4 brakes fitted.

Does the 3sge power steering pump match up to the Corolla ancillaries or does it need to be hybridised?

I have done a few engine conversions before, mostly on Starlets. I drive a 4WD Starlet with a 243 bhp 1.3 turbo lump in it, so I have managed to get round a few problems in the past!

Thanks in advance for any info on these questions.

Awesome conversion this, into a very nice looking car.

My friend and I have a track car that we want to convert to 3SGE, we think the turbo would give us to much unuseable power. Would be really pleased if you could provide me with the answers to a few other questions.

No one has mentioned what engine mounts you need to fit this engine, and also does the Corolla standard rad keep it cool enough after a long pasteing?

Do the Rolla hubs suit or do you need to use others to fit the shafts, we already have GT4 brakes fitted.

Does the 3sge power steering pump match up to the Corolla ancillaries or does it need to be hybridised?

I have done a few engine conversions before, mostly on Starlets. I drive a 4WD Starlet with a 243 bhp 1.3 turbo lump in it, so I have managed to get round a few problems in the past!

Thanks in advance for any info on these questions.

you would be better fitting a 4a-gz in my opinion. 200bhp with mimimum mods. fit straight in and have more go then the 3s and probably handle better - i imagine the 4a being lighter. save all that messing round with mounts, downpipe,shafts,hubs ect. the engine will cost more i imagine but when you add all the other bits dont seem worth in for 174bhp and only 1 days work - on the track in no time :thumbsup: