Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Ts - Red Illuminated Switches

acidman

So, perhaps some of you know I've converted my illumination of the clima-control and displays into red a long time ago.

Now I've got all other switches converted.

See/read the instruction

It's only in german but I give you a short essence:

In the switches of the window-lifters are SMD-LED's. So you have to change the green ones into red ones that's all :) But it's difficult to solder ;) I have also change the brightness. Normal SMD-LED's have only 20 mcd. Now I've got ones with 450 mcd.

In the radio-remote-unit are five "normal" LED's , so they're easily to change

And in the switches for the lightdistanceregulation and the TRC/off are some lamps in it . So you have to change the green "condoms" into red ones

And after all ... it works :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T128

• acidman

• fortyone

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks acidman :thumbsup:

sorry for the late reply i have not been on here much these days

i just try the link but it doesn't work

i am please you have change the colours of the switchs i bet it looks good

you are so far ahead of me i still need to know where you get these red condoms from :o

you change the colour of the cd player + trip computer too thats really clever :thumbsup:

can you post a working link again if you dont mind i like to see how you change your switchs and cd player

if you know where i can get these red lights condoms from please let me know or email me at rascal@molala1213.com you can send me anything on this email you can even send me a video i have 200mb space :P

???

for me the link works ???? perhaps server down ? try again or click my sig

you change the colour of the cd player + trip computer too thats really clever

noooo! You misunderstood. First I've got a navi system and second I will keep my fingers off it :D If the switches of the navi are "stand alone" then I will replace the SMD's in it but I won't disassemble the touch-screen.

you can even send me a video i have 200mb space

I've got one , but only a short one : TS in tunnel acc. 60-100km/h

thanks the link works now ;)

yes i see you have navigation system :) cool :thumbsup:

acidman maybe one day you can make a video of you going really fast in your ts 0 - top speed would be nice :D

far as i know it is LEGAL to do this on germanys autobam :D

while i was looking around on your site i seen a link www.toyota-forum.de i click on the showroom saw the few photo of the tte supercharge corolla ts is very nice and also other members corolla too

but there is this one corolla ts really stand out for me is on page 2 of the E12 gallery is red with white graphics and white wheels this has the best looking parts fitted on a corolla ts i have ever seen look at the front of this corolla ts is awesome the side skirts looks just right the mirrors and the red bucket seats a prefect touch i say :drool::thumbsup::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

yes , it looks great. This TS has the Baldelli bodykit. But there is one reason I havn't got the same bodykit ;) It's reaaaaaly expensive !! Front and rearskirt costs each about 550€ :ffs:

maybe one day you can make a video of you going really fast in your ts 0 - top speed would be nice

next summer is waiting ..... :D

so this is made by Baldelli i did some search on the internet cant find this company how can i find this company

when you say it cost 500 is that in euros i really like the baldelli front spoiler and the c-one front spoiler

but from the photo i see the c-one will not fit the euro corollas where the baldelli front spoiler will fit without any problem

i have a buget of about 1k uk pounds to spend i need more information such as can i just buy only the front bumper spoiler

let me know more if you can :yes:

next summer is waiting ..... :D 

cant wait i think the corolla ts will hit 150mph in 6th on the speedo :D

ps: can you hit the lift on 1 to 2 gear ?

i know this qustion been ask many times but not hear from you on this subject just wondering :P

look at www.baldelli.ch -> shop -> carB. !!! The shop doesn't work at present time !!!

the corolla ts will hit 150mph in 6th on the speedo

Only downhill :rolleyes: On a straight line it will be 143mph

can you hit the lift on 1 to 2 gear ?

no ! with the "newer" cars which cuts the rpm at 8200 it won't work any longer.

thanks acidman

i download the price list but cannot understand which parts is which

" CB-corolla-01 stosstange vome / pare-chocs avant / paraurti anteriore "

is this the front spoiler ????

acidman i want to buy the ( front spoiler) and the (rear spoiler) only can you take a look at the price list tell me which number it is if you can

i find it very hard to translate the words in the price list to english :(

Only downhill  :rolleyes:  On a straight line it will be 143mph

hehe :D i take your word for it

CB-corolla-01 - front skirt/spoiler

CB-corolla-05 - sideskirts

CB-corolla-07 - roofspoiler

CB-corolla-09 - fontlamp covers "eyebrows"

CB-corolla-12 - springs

CB-corolla-13 - height adjustable suspension kit ( i think from KW)

CB-corolla-14 - brake disk front

CB-corolla-15 - brake disk rear

CB-corolla-16 - brake lining front

CB-corolla-17 - brake lining rear

CB-corolla-18 - metal brake piping

CB-corolla-25 - rear skirt

CB-corolla-26a - exhaust system 2x100

CB-corolla-26b - exhaust system 4x76

Hi illuminati

thanks for letting us know and i personaly would very much love to have white/ blue dash :drool:

however right now my priority is to buy this bodykit :drool: and have it fitting if it all works out :)

Hi acidman, I'm an italian boy and I have bought a CTS.

May I know which kind of lamps have you used to convert the illumination of the clima controls and display? And which kind of leds for stereo control (how many mcd?) and switches lamps? Thanks for all.

I,m sorry for my englis :crybaby: h

For the clima controls and displays you have only to change the green "condoms" over the lamps into red ones , that's all. Or disassemble the green ones , and you've got an orange light like in the new Avensis.

For the radio-remote-unit you can buy normal LED's (20mA , 20mcd , 3mm diameter)

Hi Acid, thanks for your answer. I am busy another question you: if instead of the red "condoms" I climb on the red light bulbs it is the same thing?

all these talk of condoms make me want to go and have s*x :D :D :D hehehehe

but seriously i dont think red tinted bulb will do the job dont think the red colour will be strong enough

acidman are you using red condoms on yours ?

as i am confussed if the red condoms are needed or not to get even the orange light colour you mention

i need to know where to get these condoms too

I think that I install the bulb of AUDI A3. Can you see this link?

http://www.rscomponents.it/

as i am confussed if the red condoms are needed or not to get even the orange light colour you mention

i need to know where to get these condoms too

lamps witout any condoms -> orange (the lamps itself shine orange)

lamps with red condoms ---> ???? even more orange not to say red :D :D :D

I've got these caps from a local dealer and I havn't found a i-net address where you can find/buy them.

btw - are the letters on the climate and clock still readable after you change the caps?

hmmm , I think so :)

05030006b.jpg