Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Ts - Red Illuminated Switches

acidman

My CTS hasn't Navy sistem. May I know if in the original car stereo there is lamps or led (I want to change the color)? :unsure:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T128

• acidman

• fortyone

• spwolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Today the red "condoms" (VDO) :P arrives. Now I'm going to change the original ones.

P.S. acid may I know which offset your wheels have?

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody know if in the rear of "Optitron" there are LED or bulbs?

hey fortyone

You can buy the caps at this linkhttp://www.espeedup.com/speed.cgi/0205077.htm

on the link above how many sizes are there for these red condom ?

if i order from your link are they the correct size red condom for the cts?

Hi T128, the "condoms" size is ok, but their colour don't like (orange) me. So, I have bougth Red LED and I have changed the bullbs with LED. Now the consolle is wonderfull.

www.rscomponents.it

In the switches of the window-lifters you need of 3 SMD LED on the left and 1 on the right (you can buy subminiaturized led 160mcd); in the stereo control i have installed 5 LED of 3mm 45mcd; if you have normal car stereo, you can install 23 LED of 3mm 45mcd for switches and 3 LED of 3mm 90mcd with three 270 Ohm resistence; In the consolle you need for 5 LED of 5mm 3000mcd each with 180 OHM resistence and 3 LED of 3mm 90mcd with 180 OHM resistence. In the switches for the lightdistanceregulation i have installe one 3mm LED 45mcd with 180 OHM resistence.

• 5 months later...

acidman i need your advise again,i finaly took the green condoms off the console, and i hate the colour,i rip most of the green condoms so cant use them again,i need to change to red led ASAP can you tell me if these red led on the website are ok,they are 12V Super Red Resistor LED.

http://lc-led.com/View.jsp?idProduct=148

listen everybody if i get the ok from acidman i will email and try and place an order

anybody have a cts wants to change there green colour console to red led let me know as you can see they only sell 50 a time

i think the cts need about 15 leds so i have loads left anyone else want some of these

can you tell me if these red led on the website are ok

hmmm,

electrical side : YES

but ... perhaps you get a too spotted light . The LED's have only an angle of 30° (not very much!) ... perhaps .... perhaps not :D

And I think they are to expensive! 1.35$ for one LED ??

Find another one , which is also for 12V but diffuse and not water clear. They have normally a viewing angle of ~120°.

i see what you mean about the viewing angle,i dont think i will find any led can handle 12v without the need of a separate resistor with a wide viewing angle,i think i give up and buy some red condoms :P :D

acidman can you get me the same red condoms you use in your cts and i pay you with paypal or i send you a cheque then you send me the red condoms

if you read back you will see fortyone have posted a site sells red condoms,are they the same one you use?

if they are i get from there

that link dont work try this one

http://www.speedup.it:8088/store/index.php...on=home.0205045

let me know :thumbsup:

why do you make it so complicated ????

As I wrote somewhere else ... go to your local Toyota-dealer and ask for that:

part.no. 84998-10240

These are the red condoms !

There are mounted in the switch of the warning-indicator of the MR2 !! ... and in one of the Lexus' ....and how the hell where else :D

PS: no ... I didn't buy them yet .... ;) .... but they must fit...... if not .... make them suitable :lol:

excellent ! 80p+vat each i just order 10 from toyota dealer "thanks acidman" ready for pick up on wedesday :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D i am happy now :D :D :)

this is the first time i seen this part number :o

after i read out the part numbers to the man on the phone,he then ask "what's it for" i almost said "they are red condoms for light bulb" :lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

ok acidman i have just put all 10 pink condoms on,it looks great !

now i want to know how you change the led in the switchers,i have taken the passenger side switch out then took the switch apart,i can see a very small led i think is what you call smd led now here comes the qustions :D

just read fortyone posted so i now only need to know the traction switch unit how do you take that unit out does it just comes off if i pull it out hard or is there other way cos it seens to be quite firm dont want to break anything :P

thanks in advance as i know you will help me when you have the time of course :thumbsup: :D :D :D

you've got many questions :D

i can see a very small led i think is what you call smd led

must look like these ones:

12130004b.jpg

what size are these smd led ?

there are existing different sizes. You must buy some SMD LESs (SMD stands for surface mounted devices) with the size-index "1206"

does smd led have different voltage?

yes , every color has another voltage , but most of it works with 1.8V up to 2.2V

for changing the original LEDs it doesen't matter ! buy what you want :D

can i desolder the smd led from the front of the tiny circuit board or will i need to take the circuit board off the switch to get to the back ?

as the name says "surface mounted devices" you have to desolder it from which side ??? :lol:

But look at the original LED before you desolder it !!! It has a spot on one side (very very tiny ;)) . The new one must be solder on the same direction ! (of course! like normal LEDs)

you know the traction switch unit how do you take that unit out ?

rip it out :lol:

the unit has 4 clips (2 on top , 2 at buttom) .. use a little screwdriver to get between the gape of unit and board.

then you can disassamble the trationcontrol switch (it has a bulb inside ... so >>> red condom)

the switch of the lightdistancecontrol you must also disassemble ( attention , it's really difficult!) it has also a bulb inside

what is the total amount of smd led will i need for all the switchs?

4 ! (3 on driversside , 1 on passengerside)

but you need also 5 "normal" 3mm LEDs for the remotecontrol.

right i will rip it out then :D :lol:

so is a direct replacement i just get the same size smd led then just desolder the green one off and add some red ones sound simple i will try soon as i get them

acidman i will be replacing the head unit also adding 2 10inch sub woofers at the back i dont think i will replace the awfull rear Speakers is a big job taking both of the rear panel off which is a silly desigin

i properly wont replace the front speaker either as i think the front speaker are two way component Speakers and it sounds ok should get this done around 2 weeks

make it 4 weeks i am in for my first service in 2 weeks time i do it after the service so i keep my warrenty

did you know all toyota have to be service every one year or 10.000 miles "i didn't"

i haven't dont 10.000 in fact i am only done around 6000 miles that sucks cos bmw and mecedes dont need a service if you dont make the mileage :arrgg-matey:

did you know all toyota have to be service every one year or 10.000 miles "i didn't"

of course I know. In GER one year or 15000km (which is almost the same ;) )

but with the 2ZZ-GE it's better to change the oil after a year , without regarding the mileage.

• 2 weeks later...

acidman the red condom is not working for the traction switch is too dim,inside the switch no green condon so i put a red condon on

but i think they must have a green plastic thing inside the switch to create the green light affect did you have this problem ?

yes , there's a green light-filter in front of the switch.

but do not disassamble the switch , you won't get it together w/o some pieces left :D

the traction switich was hard to take apart so i gave up and put a bigger bulb in now i can see it light up just about :wacko:

This is a hell of a lot of work for a diff colour dash! U guys must be nocturnal drivers!

:thumbsup:

Ad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links