Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phones Which Are Fully Compatible With Rav4 T180

fieldinsb

I have the option to upgrade my phone and am looking for something that is fully compatible with the system which is installed in my T180. By fully compatible I mean that it will be able to take advantage off all features such as phone book, Battery indicator, signal indicator and all the other bits and bobs that it can do.

Does anyone have a list of the phones that are FULLY COMPATIBLE with the Toyota bluetooth system that is installed into the T180's?

Cheers, Simon

There is no compatability list that I can find except this:

This kit will only fit MMC vehicles from November 2005 onwards.

bluetooth phones where a download of the latest software is needed to ensure compatability: Sony Ericsson K750i, W800i. Not compatible with Nokia N95 due to Nokia software issues

Sorry there isnt any more info

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have a Sony Ericcson W910i and it works perfectly. Have tried a few other Sony's and all are fine.

I also tried a couple of Nokia's but neither of them worked!

As for the phone, love my W910i

From others i have read the Sony's and Samsungs seem to be ok, but Nokia's have issues with some software versions.

I have just bought an iPhone and it seems to work fine. I get the Battery power and signal strength meters. I am not sure about the phonebook as I never realised that they were meant to be compatible.

Incidently the iPhone is also compatible with the ipod integration cable although you still don't get anything other than multichanger in the display.

Hi

I have had some problems re mobile phones and the Toyota bluetooth car kit.

Also I have spent a great deal of money on this problem!

I had the car kit fitted by Toyota in March last year costing £350.00 GBP. I also bought a Nokia E90 for £579.00 GBP :o

This phone would connect to the car kit without any problems and after about 30 seconds disconnected. This happened every time without fail. I sent the phone back to where I bought it from, their experts ;) tested it and said that there was no problem with the phone. When I tried it again I still had the same problem, this time I returned it to Nokia service department, they said that the phone was OK no problem. When I explained (after many hours trying to find the correct department) to Nokia about the disconnection problem their response was "If it is not a Nokia bluetooth car kit, we can not take the matter any further" :angry:

Then, I went out and bought the Nokia 61i, as the next best phone that I could find with a keyboard, rather than those silly little keys that I end up pressing 2 buttons at once on.

This phone would connect to the bluetooth kit and hold the connection but when I recieved an incoming call it dropped connection. The only cure here was to switch off the ignition and restart. Difficult when driving along!

My daughter the lent me her Sony Ericsson K810i, this connected stayed connected and worked. It would deal with more than one or two incoming calls, told me my Battery condition, even tells me when I have text messages, caller anounce, everything I wanted in the first place.

So, now I have a Sony ericsson phone, my daughter has a choice of Nokia phones (Top of the range) :angry:

Still I am very happy with the performance of the Sony phone with the car kit. I have looked into this problem, information is difficult to come by but it looks like Newer Nokia phones have bluetooth V2.0 and above. My car kit is a Motorola type made for Toyota and is version 1.02.

It looks like I am stuck with this problem, as I cant see that Toyota is a fault I am very angry with Nokia and their attitude towards the problem. I have also found out that some people are getting Toyota to upgrade their car kit on the grounds that it was sold to them as "firmware upgradable"

I dont know if I can be bothered any more to try this. With thiese toys they either work or dont, and if they dont you can rapidly loose the will to live.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

You will see I had problems and started the previous thread mentioned above. The advice from others (including The Carphone Warehouse) was go for Sony Ericsson. At the time I had an up to date Samsung, but that brand do not seem to work battery/aerial indicators. As old S.Ericsson phone worked went with the advice and new S.E. phone worked the lot!

Additionally this seems common even with other car makes. A work colleague has just bough a new top of range Mitsubishi Outlander (not as good as T180!!! by the way) and that has a similar (again not as good) multi use screen/phone/sat-nav. He had a Nokia that did not work all features. Bought a S.Ericsson and all is now well. Seem to be the best for compatibility.

• 4 weeks later...

There must be a way of us putting our own list of compatibility together with the bluetooth in the Rav4

May be if every one here lists what phone they have had, and what they are using now together with what sort of compatibility they have had with the bluetooth.

Well what about it?

Just to add another to the list ...

I have recently bought a HTC TyTN II and that seems to be fully compatible, ie: shows Battery and signal stength.

Just to add another...

The wife and I both have a Nokia N95 8gb and it seems to be fully compatible (showing signal strength and battery) :thumbsup:

Duncs

Welcome back. Are you fully settled in now?

Regards

Duncs

Welcome back. Are you fully settled in now?

Regards

Thanks anchorman,

We feel more at home now we've got internet again (don't get me started on bt.... :censor: )

I missed you guys (and girls).... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links