Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1st Post... Urgent Advice: Which Of These Mr2s?

gibz

Hi, looking to get into a nice MR2, and i know nothing about them apart from what www.parkers.co.uk says..

So far ive come across these on Autotrader:

1**1993 TOYOTA MR2 GT, 1993, L

reg. 58000 miles, blue metallic, one lady owner, electric windows, sunroof,

alloy wheels,

MOT Jan. 04, immaculate condition. £3,695.

2**1992 J Reg Toyota MR2 2.0 GT

Petrol, Black Metallic, Coupe, 68,000 miles , 2 Doors. 6 Months Tax, airconditioning,

alarm, Alloy Wheels, automatic, climate control, electric sunroof, Electric Windows,immobiliser, mirrors electric, Radio Cassette, Stunning looks. £2495

3**TOYOTA MR2 MK1 , G

reg. 2 local owners, genuine 61,000 miles, new alloys + original wheels, Cat 2 alarm/immobiliser, CL, 7 months T/T, all original, excellent buy for. £2,100 . ono.

4**1991 TOYOTA MR2 T-Bar, 1991, 75000

miles, 12mths MOT, EW, EM, PAS, cat 2 alarm/immobiliser, alloys, excellent condition. £2,595 . ono.

5**1990 H Reg Toyota MR2 2.0 GT

Automatic, Volcano Red, Coupe, 2 Doors. Air-Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, automatic, bumpers in color, Central Locking, Electric Windows, power steering, Stereo, sunroof. £2995

6**1991 H Reg Toyota MR2 2.0 GT

Petrol, Automatic, Red, Coupe, 94,000 km , 2 Doors. 12 Months MOT and RAC Warranty when Sold, ABS, Air Bag, Air-Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central Door Locking, Electric Adjustable Mirror, Electric Windows, Front Fog Lights, Power-Assisted Steering. £3,295.

I take it the automatic wont hit the 8sec 0-60 time and be sluggish, or are all the MR2s auto? (i dont know!)

2mora i go looking, so any help on which ones to phone up\see is GREATLY appreciated :yes:

Best way is to check as many out as you can and get a lil experience in the way they run. and since your going for the N/A get the uk spec as its gonna have a greater chance of havin a full service history. Remeber a well serviced car with 100k is far better than an unmaintained car with 60k. Oh and if yor going to buy an MR2 DONT get an automatic...Its just not right. Tis like a sprinter trying to run the 100m in clogs.

Pizza boy's pretty much said it, but ifyou wanna narrow it down a little more...

either of the 1st 2, or 4 IMO. U might be inclnied to go with the 4th if you like the look of hte t-bar's. Many drivers here w. em love cruisin in the summer with the 'bar's off.

The others are auto's, no point m8, and one of em's a mk1, i presume u want a mkII (hint: yeah you do;))

Good luck m8 :thumbsup:

-Z

I'm no expert on the MR2 but . . .

I'd go 1 or 2 and looking at the prices and miles I probably swing towards 2 on balance as an overall package. Also it's black :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links