Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washers Jets Hitting The Screen Realy Low Down

alexaurisTR

hi

only had my auris 3 wks and apart form squeaky brakes, i have a problem with the water jets!

can anyone tell me if there is a way of adjusting the jets,

coz they only hit the bottom of my screen and when the car is moving they're pointless. :unsure:

Hello,

It's not a bug it's a feature.

My friend in Peugeot 407 SW has the same problem. They called this "spray water jets".

Mike

Go back to youre dealer there are 3 types of waterjets , you nees +2 the dealer wil change them for free ;)

No, not adjustable, but there are alternative part numbers for different spray angles.

If you do a search you'll find the part codes - or else just PM Parts-King for a price.

They will change them under warenty B)

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Gonna ring them today.

I'm still waiting for the modified brake parts to come in so they can get rid of my squeak.

Probably have to wait forever for this too. :yawn:

HELPFUL :help:

So helpful at premier llandudno. they old me there aren't any different parts for the auris jets.

they aren't sure what they can do either. :censor:

They are getting back to me!!! :ffs:

So helpful at premier llandudno. they old me there aren't any different parts for the auris jets

Oh dear.......take a trip down the coast :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

HELPFUL :help:

So helpful at premier llandudno. they old me there aren't any different parts for the auris jets.

they aren't sure what they can do either. :censor:

They are getting back to me!!! :ffs:

Do a search on here for the Part numbers which Kingo provided a while back; if you quote the dealer the numbers they must be able to find them. Surely.

The part number for the +2 degree waher jets is 85381-12350. I had mine replaced and they are now exactly where they should be.

I would suggest you use another dealer. We have two in nottingham one can't do enough for you the other has atrocious customer service. Went to the good one replaced under warranty with no quibbles.

Here it is

85381-12340 is -2 degrees (lowest on screen)

85381-12330 is 0 degrees (mid point on screen)

85381-12350 is + 2 degrees (highest on screen)

heh heh :D

i called them back, armed with all this info.

(thanks everyone!!) :thumbsup:

and before i could have my say, i received an apology and the parts (+2) have been ordered.

Result.

this time next week i should be a happy man.

New jets and the parts to stop my brakes squealing will be fitted. :yahoo:

Not holding my breath regards the brakes tho.....

Anyone know what the best thing to keep tyre walls shiny black is?

or u could just get a needle and poke it in the jet washer holes and able them yourself, that's wot I've always done. They have probably only decreased in their spray angle due to water preassure, so get yrself a needle, poke it in which ever hole that is causing the problem and angle it at the direction u want it ..... Simple :D

or u could just get a needle and poke it in the jet washer holes and able them yourself, that's wot I've always done. They have probably only decreased in their spray angle due to water preassure, so get yrself a needle, poke it in which ever hole that is causing the problem and angle it at the direction u want it ..... Simple :D

NO, NO, NO

The washer jets on the Auris and the new Yaris are ceramics and non adjustable

They are designed to give a fan spray pattern and a pin will wreck them.

As has been said the different angles can be obtained from Toyota.

Please let us not hear any more about using pins to adjust the jets.................THEY ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE :rolleyes:

ha ha :lol:

theres no possible way i'll be touching them with a pin.

I'll wait till my new ones arrive and get fitted.

If there is any poking to be done................... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really feel like all I've done for the last 2 weeks is ring my Toyota dealer.

Now the wheel nuts are starting to rust.

I'm not happy at all right now! :censor:

I've replace jets with +2 and now is perfect. :thumbsup:

I had my jets replaced with +2 last friday and they are perfect. :yahoo:

Did you got them free?

sorry for the slow reply.

I did get them free, under my warranty.

Did you got them free?

sorry for the slow reply.

I did get them free, under my warranty.

Took mine in last Thursday, to have the jets done..........I did give him the part numbers quoted on here, which I think he was offended at ( didn't mean to tell him his job!! ), and guess what? Having waited 3 weeks for them.......he'd ordered the wrong ones!

Oh well, I'm back there this Thursday to give them another try with the washers, and, at last my squeaky brake replacement parts are in.

Well my local dealer is saying that the +2 washer jets can only be ordered for me if I pay for them. Apparently it is not covered under the warranty as the spec of the car has the correct washer jets originally fitted! Can I challenge this?

Go to another dealer!

Mine have been hitting the screen low since I got it a few weeks ago. I haven't wanted to rub the dealer up the wrong way as yet, so haven't gone in guns blazing insisting they fit xyz part. I prefer to give them the chance to fault find so I don't come across as an amateur trying to sound like a know-it-all who's telling them how to do their job.

So, they took it in last week to investigate, but weren't able to fix it then and there, parts should be in this week and they are having the car on Friday to try out all options of different settings.

All handled with the kind of courtesy I'd expect, having just handed over thousands of pounds, and not even the slightest indication that I'd be charged. It all comes down to the 'fit-for-purpose' argument, I guess. Or maybe your dealer don't actually want any more customers?!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links