Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Causes Flame Pops?

pizza boy

Ive been meaning to ask this for a while but always forget doh...My car seems to do it occasionally ever since removed the cat but but sometimes when I demostrate it.. nowt happens. Apparently increase in boost makes it much more regular(as ive seen in a mates scooby with an ecb..happens 100% of the time when he cranks up the boost). Its not that I actually want this to occur(its !Removed! burning off the paint on my bumper) but why does it happen and why more so on turbo'd cars?

its all to do with unburnt fuel comming through the engine and then igniting

turbo cars do it more co the they tend to run richer mixtures when on boost then when you lift off the ecu sends a bit of extra fuel to prevent detonation when it suddenly goes lean and also cools the cylinders but most of it goes through the engine without being burnt.

anti-lag can also cause flames and bangs but not very many cars have that(turbos and manifolds dont like it much)

if you want to know more just ask :thumbsup:

ALS would be mint :D , but like u said it does destroy engines so i doubt his car would be equipped w. that system.

-Z

no but mine has it. it isnt as hard on turbo's and maifolds as people think i havent found any signs of damage during my engine build

Really?

I only go by what i've read, so icouldnt really argue against you.

But basically i thawt it (ALS) was outa the question for general use, and best left to rally drivers.

I bet you love it dont you :yes: ,

course you do!

-Z

it has its benifits. mines switchable so its not on all the time. gives you the feeling of driving an extreamly powerful normaly aspirated car(no lag between shifts) also has this benefit

post-38-1071471465.jpg

My mates GSXR-1000 and another mates ZX6-R and my R1100s bikes all have PERMANANT (!) afterburner effect type flame coming out of the exhausts! Looks mint when the evenings started to draw in. Basically you just bang on an aftermarket exhaust (no cat) and up the richness of fuel mixture. Bang ! - loads of Snap, Crackle and Pop! with flames! Brill!

...dunno if it works on cars....

Cheers