Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Work Nights?

GIDDLEPIN

If you do I take my hat off to you :yes:

I have just finished four nights trunking to Lichfield, starting at 7pm, finishing at 7am and all I can say is, it fewks you up big time :shutit:

I don't know if it's normal but I found that the body clock would only let me cat nap for an hour or so at a time which ain't the best start to piloting 44tons of artic down the road, fortunately I didn't fall asleep that often while doing this............Kidding! :lol:

Strange thing is, after only a couple of hours sleep from last night I feel wide awake and could run a marathon, It's probably psychological as I know I don't have to go tonight and it was a one off contract so won't happen again.....ish ;) At least I can have a glass or two of red now :thumbsup:

At least I can have a glass or two of red now :thumbsup:

............................damn- have to share wine again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drunk:

I often spend all night on TOC................sometimes only getting a couple of hours sleep :yawn:

I did do the occasional night shift several years ago and must agree with you Les..................It certainly throws the body clock!

Enjoy your wine............you have earned it :thumbsup:

normal working hours are 9am-5:30pm when Im in the office

sometimes get calls between 2am-4am

my body clock is way out, especally when Im in another country working 12-15 hours a day (including weekends)

normal working hours are 9am-5:30pm when Im in the office

sometimes get calls between 2am-4am

my body clock is way out, especally when Im in another country working 12-15 hours a day (including weekends)

i work as a maintenance electrician usually 8-5 job but on call at the weekend

if i get called on a sunday night dont have to go in monday handy i must say have done nights shifts before when i was

an apprentice fell asleep driving home didnt like it at all

Strange thing is, after only a couple of hours sleep from last night I feel wide awake and could run a marathon, It's probably psychological as I know I don't have to go tonight and it was a one off contract so won't happen again.....ish ;) At least I can have a glass or two of red now :thumbsup:

ahem...................................Why is there a strange snoring sound coming from the computer room???????????? :rolleyes:

I work as a Maintenance engineer in the printing industry. We work a Continental shift pattern which involves 12 hour days and 12 hour nights 7-7 each in a 3 day or night stint. Good thing is I work 6 days and 6 nights a month, and know which days I will be off shift all the way to September 2014! B)

my bodyclock is entirely nocturnal, which kind of gets in the way with my day job, they dont like me napping at me desk :lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean Les. Its been a few years but I used to work night shift and I did not like it, sleeping was strange, getting up for work and everyone else in the house was having a proper dinner when I was looking for cereal... very strange

I still work nightshift. 12 hour shifts and yes it is hard to begin with but i have been working nights for the last 3 years.

Now I am used to it, it no longer bothers me. :D

HI

I work a 3-shift rotation @ Toyota

week of days, 6am - 2pm

week of nights, 10pm - 6am

week of lates, 2pm - 10pm

also have overtime before and/or after shifts, and weekend work too....

Believe it or not, nights is actually my favourite shift!

Si

I enjoy nights too, there is very little traffic on the road with less chance of a hold up, the only drawback is that most road repairs are done at night (they are honest.....I have seen them ;) ) and as far as food goes I always had the cravings for a full roast dinner at 6am :yes:

.......and as far as food goes I always had the cravings for a full roast dinner at 6am......

LOL

I always enjoy getting home at about 7:30 am, putting on the discovery channel, maybe turn on the computer to check this site, and then make myself a nice 'dinner' and maybe have a beer or two when everyone else is going to work :)

Si

......... i have been working nights for the last 3 years.

And it's fantastic... for 3 nights I can get some sleep ;) :lol:

......... i have been working nights for the last 3 years.

And it's fantastic... for 3 nights I can get some sleep ;) :lol:

Wow,......................... too much information Dave :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links