Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Warning Lights

whiteyman

Hi there.

Not having a manual restricts me to rely on you guy's for some help.

I'll give you the long story.

The handbrake warning light would come on intermitently over past two weeks(definitetly released!!)sporadically, usually on the initial take-off front on moving from first to second gear and sometimes over bumps, let's face it you know the state of the roads.So was assuming faulty sensor and hadn't time to investigate.The brake pad warning light is now coming on and the handbrake light no longer.

Brake-pad light is staying on more consistently, thought still not constantly and ironically not while braking!!! Go figure.

Assuming the brake-pad level warning is working correctly could someone with a handbook or knowledge let me know if this just applies to the front brakes or includes the rear too, also at what level they come on at so i know how long i can maybe postpone replacement for.

If anyone wants to share how much replacement has cost them, this too would be appreciated.

Ta muchly

It's an L reg previa GL, 122,000 mls on her.

Take Care

Richard

Describe these lights.

I don't know about the Previa, but typically Toyotas have "Brake System Warning Lights" rather than pad wear lights. The light you think means pad wear could mean low fluid or some other, potentially serious, problem.

I'd check fluid immediately, and if that isn't the problem get a more thorough check done ASAP.

Describe these lights.

I don't know about the Previa, but typically Toyotas have "Brake System Warning Lights" rather than pad wear lights. The light you think means pad wear could mean low fluid or some other, potentially serious, problem.

I'd check fluid immediately, and if that isn't the problem get a more thorough check done ASAP.

It looks like the handbrake warning light, Kinda like this (O) with an ! in the centre and red.

thanks for the reply. :D

also- checked the brake fluid level, even in the poor light seemed absolutely fine, which would be my luck!!!

In the Corolla manual that is the one that's described as "Brake System Warning Light"

Good luck with getting it sorted. Hopefully someone with better knowledge of your car will be able to offer more specific advice soon.

In the Corolla manual that is the one that's described as "Brake System Warning Light"

Good luck with getting it sorted. Hopefully someone with better knowledge of your car will be able to offer more specific advice soon.

Checked fluid level in better light, was low and near min. I topped up and the light went out but i'm sure that fluid level wasn't that low before, so will need to see if it was a drop in pressure with pad wear or a leak in the system :( .

I thought that might be it; once it's on minimum it can come on and off as the car moves.

As you say, could be brake material wear (though that wouldn't usually account for a rapid fall in the level) or perhaps a leak somewhere.

Get it checked out ASAP and in the mean time keep an eye on the level. If it falls again I'd be concerned about driving it in that condition.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links