Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gen 8 Pics

fiz-vvti

Hi all, i heard the romour about the celica gen 8 (yeah i know i heard it a little late)

well any way, i tried to find out what it look likes and what its all about, well there are gona be 2 models, celica gt and the gt4, both 2 litre, but the gt4 will have 300 bhp.....nice.

the concept looks amazing from some angles, but then it looks too weird from other angles.

bad news, there not sure but it might only be sold in japan.

the link below....see for yourselves.

and i'm sorry if this has already been done......

http://www.worldcarfans.com/3070110.003/pa...a-ft-hs-concept

or type Toyota FT-HS Concept in google

sid, i think u could be right, was reading on another site it said 3.5 litre v6, but i couldnt find it say it was a new supra,

either way i think the finished product will be sh't hot

those alloys are lush. but i reckon the price tags going to be a bit extreme aswell. if its released in japan can you not still import it

lol the rims are sweet, wont have to do too much after market mods to it at least. just looking at it look slike a super car so, better start saving up

bit confused, on one site i read its a celica gt and gt4, both cars being 2 litre, another site states 3.5 v6

i dont know

i cant remember the site now, but there was another gen 8 celica story knocking around somewhere, and they had some pictures of what it might look like... all I can say is, I hope they were wrong.... because a couple of the pictures looked like an ashtray coupe with a toyota Badge on it ! :(

The Toyota FT-HS is an awesome looking concept - can't help thinking it'd sell in droves if released (assuming the internals were up to scratch :D ) - one of the best looking cars I've ever seen, that's for sure.

The Toyota FT-HS is an awesome looking concept - can't help thinking it'd sell in droves if released (assuming the internals were up to scratch :D ) - one of the best looking cars I've ever seen, that's for sure.

According to this, it IS the next Celica guys. Subaru Chasis and STI engine.

All i can say is WOW!!!!!!!

http://www.autoenews.co.uk/newsAEBBridge.php?linkID=59200

i hate to p1ss on the bonfire here, but i think the way that story is worded with the pics is very misleading... the FT-HS I think is either a Supra replacement or a different car completely.... this is the picture I was talking about before...

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog...lustration_.jpg

This looks like an astra coupe from the back.

"The new Celica, the styling of which could drawon the FT-HS concept car from last year's Detroit show (pictured above), is reportedly being readied for a launch in Japan next year."

if it does draw heavily on the FT-HS then i agree it will look awesome.

Whatever it is badged as, and as good looking as it is........................It wont be coming here, not as an official import anyway

I heard it was going to be badged a Lexus???

Kingo :thumbsup:

The FT-HS is the supra replacment, it's going to be a hybrid. I think it's unlikely we'll see it before 2010 at the earliest.

yeah, i think a lot of people think that the FT-HS is going to be the new celica, and those people are going to be pretty disappointed when the ACTUAL new gen8 shows up...because i dont think it will look like the FT-HS concept which is a big shame because it's a superb looking motor. toyota's german director had apparently already confirmed that the gen 8 WILL be available in japan and europe in 2009 in an interview... but the link between the gen8 and the pictures of the FT-HS concept... i think IMHO have been just speculation around the web.

MAYBE, we should write a letter and a petition to Toyota Motor Corporation and get all Celica enthusiasts around the club forums right across the web to sign it, get their friends to sign it etc, asking them to bring out the Gen 8 (in case they're not actually planning to) and to make it look like the FT-HS :rolleyes:

or am i just being ridiculous??? :D

big sid, i dont think ur ubiking on the bonefire, there are a few web sites re this car, some say its a celica and others say its a supra.

i cant find anything official sayings its a celica or a supra....(havent really looked hard enough)

the only thing i know about the ft-hs is that it looks really good, i'd love to get it, if it comes out as a celica or a supera i wont be get it, it will be too far out of my price range.....give it ten years or so i might have enough pennys saved up to get one

• 4 weeks later...
lol the rims are sweet, wont have to do too much after market mods to it at least. just looking at it look slike a super car so, better start saving up

bit confused, on one site i read its a celica gt and gt4, both cars being 2 litre, another site states 3.5 v6

i dont know

yet only stated as 300BHP??? :o

considering toyota back in the day cud get 255 out of 2.0 standard, is there any spec on 0 to 60? probably one of these cars thats like 300 bhp but has 0 to 60 in 4s.