Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Style Pack

Mc Tavish

Hi mate, if you dont mind me asking, which branch ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mc Tavish

• JKV

• bothwell_buyer

• anchorman

AYR the fe*k*rs

AYR the fe*k*rs

You and bothy make a good pair. I like somebody who calls a spade a spade :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would update my situation here also.

Had a conversation with Toyota Customer relations yesterday regarding my complaint re: Bought an XTR with style pack that included front guard, only to be delivered an XTR with no front guard and assurances that I would have this fittred later.

Then to be told once I had driven away and paid etc that the XTR has a different style pack and I wasnt going to get what I orderd and paid for?!

Was called by the salesperson Trevor, who incidentally was great, he acknowledged that I am a 34 year old man and not a 64 year old man and If I wanted crhonme bling in the form of the XTR style pack, I would have bought a second hand rover!

He agreed that I ordered the front guard and that the car I test drove, a Silver XT4 with front guard and side steps and is what I formed the basis of my order, an XTR with style pack and front guard!

After waiting for a few weeks for a return call and never received one. I called Toyota GB again, to be told that "Darren" (from the Dealer??!!) had left repeated messages on my phone. Well thats news to me as I had none!

Customer relations then told me that all I would be offered was some roof rails?! Well, hardly, I paid £650 for a style pack that I never received,namely the front guard.

Toyota customer relations were then surprised when I told them yet again that there website continues to offer said style pack for the XTR and that I will not accept anything les than the front guard.

I also advised that a number of XTR owners who had bought there car since the new XTR came out, had indeed had their New 2008 XTR fitted with the front guard!

Toyota GB appear blind and deaf to my calls, for what I think is a simple issue. I orderd a RAV4 to suit a certain purpose, look and style I was happy with and to a certain specification BUT received less than my order and expectation for the vehicle. So what do I do now? Should I go to Trading Standards?

It seems a mute point over what appears to be just a bit of black and chrome garnish, but its the style I liked and helped me choose a brand new XTR with front guard fitted.

Maybe I should have bought an XT5 :(

Any suggestions ...Help...

AYR the fe*k*rs

You and bothy make a good pair. I like somebody who calls a spade a spade :lol:

Aye - had tae take the spade oot the back o the RAV as the polis are daein folk aroon here fur carrying offensive weapons - ma spade wis sharpened!!

JKV - first, write a strong letter saying that you consider the selling of items for £650 to be fraud if they say they can't provide the stuff. Send 1 to the dealer and 1 to trading standards (with a covering letter explaining) and 1 to Toyota UK.

Get the names of the directors of the dealer company (you can get this via Companies House for about £2.) Send the letter to the Directors, indicating that you have copied to Toyota; trading standards and also to the worlds largest toyota forum.

Get a name of the Toyota heid guy for UK - sometimes you can pick this up easier through their public relations/press dept. Copy it to Japan Toyota man as thats where they are made.

Send everything Royal Mail Special delivery and keep receipts as you need to also claim for additional expenses incurred. Recorded delivery is not good enough.

Tell them what you want as a solution - and add in your costs, plus estimate your time spent @ £12 an hour at least. (I know dealers charge £80 an hour but that needs a qualification).

If all of this doesn't work, let me know and we'll torch the place.

MCTAVISH

Uncle Arnie is fairly aged by now. From personal experience he is unable to respond properly to a customers letter (perhaps he can't read). He maintains his position by recruiting and employing people thicker than him (so I have been told). Those who have skills move to other companies (I have a nephew who used to work with them - he just laughs about their inability to do anything correctly).

This does not bode well (me getting posh using words normally kept to the BBC) in coming to any agreement with anyone from AYR. My sister-in-law lives in Prestwick for a reason - its outside of Ayr!!.

So, I would follow the step by step guide as above... but copy it to The Judge of the Sunday Mail and also any editor whose paper takes in adverts for the RAV4. (They could be complicit in the fraud).

Perhaps the forum should consider legal cover for members?? My rates are really quite cheap cos

As far as my saga goes the motor is off to the garage again on thursday uncle arnie's and his umpa lumpa's in all fairness are trying to resolve the problem but my problem is slightly different from JKV's as previously posted the guard was fitted incorrectly as aposed to "not being fitted at all !" Toyota need to get their act together as it it blindingly obvious that there has been no update on there data base or web site as to the ability" to fit or not to fit the front nudge bar" that is the question ........ :D as i have found out the "style" of the XTR namley the under run protector at front is the problem and also if the garage is prepared to remove this item to get the nudge bar to fit... to late for me as iv'e got big holes drilled in bumper... :huh: I think uncle arnold seen a rav and just followed normal proceedure and fitted the nudge bar not nowing that the underun protector would make it sit like a big bag of dog doo! so JKV your garage shouldv'e told you about fitting the "OTHER" style pack albeit the correct one but not the one you wanted so youve deffo got a valid claim just not sure who with. You will have to find out where the style pack was fitted...... at port of entry .. or at your garage? Also never just talk to the first person you get at Toyota Customer Services always go up the tree till you get to top also your'e right to settle for nothing more than what you ordered "XTR StylePack" just be careful that they don't tell you that's what youv'e got!!! youv'e got to rely on your salesman coming good that the nudge bar was agreed and was the one you wanted

Keep battling on and don't give up Bothy's idea is a good one letters are slower but they can't claim they didn't get it if all else fails get onto Watchdog and i'll have a walk on part ........Julia Bradbury :blushing: she' nice!!!

McTavis :P

P.S did you get scuff plates ? if so lucky beggar!!!

Also bothy thinking of dropping the motor off instead of letting them pick it up so if your'e no busy on thursday ....... bring sharp things ....just in case :lol::lol:

JKV Most of these things are best resloved at the dealership. You can fight Mr T but trust me he is big and its hard work. Have you been to see the dealer manager? If not I think that is where I would start. Don't let them fob you with anyone else.

McTavish Is the original under-run gaurd still under the new one? Surely if it were removed the new gaurd would cover the holes up?

JKV Most of these things are best resloved at the dealership. You can fitght Mr T but trust me he is big and its hard work. Have you been to see the dealer manager? If not I think that is where I would start. Don't let them fob you with anyone else.

McTavish Is the original under-run gaurd still under the new one? Surely if it were removed the new gaurd would cover the holes up?

Sorry missunderstanding on last post as far as "the big holes in my bumper" thing .........what i ment was if i wanted to remove nudgebar...... it's that niteshift thing again :yawn::yawn::yawn: -_- -_- JKV has still got the option as to having it fitted as to me being too late with the holes thing..... so as far as uncle arnie is concerned he's got to get it to fit and yes youve got to give the dealer the chance to fix the problem, steady pressure and sheer persistance usually works but when reasoning with them dosen't seem to be working go for volume and the waggi finger then..... again sori almost of on another rant but again JKV if you were in a restarant and you ordered steak and they gave you fish i think we would all send it back !!!! goes without saying customer should get what they ordered not what someone else thinks they want!!

Anchorman is right here. Writing all around the world to Europe and Japan will get you nowhere, it will all be returned to the UK to sort out, who in turn will bat it back to the dealer. Your contract is with the dealer, nobody else. I always recommend you find out the name of the dealer principle/general manager, and make an appointment to see him. The big PLC's are worst of all in finding somebody to speak to, but try and get to see the DP/GM They are very often unaware of what has happened, write down your grievence, explain the timeline of who did what and when, what was promised, and what outcome you want. Get him to reply to you in writing, with a plan of action with a suitable timescale for completion (usually 14 days) if nothing happens, you can then start proceedings with other agencies, but you must follow a structured plan and give them the opportunity of putting it right

Kingo :thumbsup:

Anchorman is right here. Writing all around the world to Europe and Japan will get you nowhere, it will all be returned to the UK to sort out, who in turn will bat it back to the dealer. Your contract is with the dealer, nobody else. I always recommend you find out the name of the dealer principle/general manager, and make an appointment to see him. The big PLC's are worst of all in finding somebody to speak to, but try and get to see the DP/GM They are very often unaware of what has happened, write down your grievence, explain the timeline of who did what and when, what was promised, and what outcome you want. Get him to reply to you in writing, with a plan of action with a suitable timescale for completion (usually 14 days) if nothing happens, you can then start proceedings with other agencies, but you must follow a structured plan and give them the opportunity of putting it right

Thats ok if you end up dealing with a person...Uncle Arnie is completely hopeless - been there and done it. I lost thousands as a result of his lack of ability. Thats why he's got money and I don't.

Thats ok if you end up dealing with a person...Uncle Arnie is completely hopeless - been there and done it. I lost thousands as a result of his lack of ability. Thats why he's got money and I don't.

I'm working on a plan to releive you of a bit more of that money Bothers, in the form of a rear step, will let you know how it pans out later ;)

I'm working on a plan to releive you of a bit more of that money Bothers, in the form of a rear step, will let you know how it pans out later ;)

Cunning Kingo very cunning :g: :g: :g:

I've just done a "build your car" on the TGB website and for the XTR it comes up with "Style Pack" as quote - Stand apart from the crowd and make a bold statement with a front guard, side steps and front and rear scuff plates.

The price is £650. This suggests that it is fitted at the import centre as they would not fit the normal under-run guard thus allowing the front guard and special under-run guard to be fitted. They also fit the add-on blue tooth there as part of the XTR package. Once it gets to the dealers they would have to fit it and I suppose they are going to want some dosh for doing it. Don't forget this includes side steps and scuff plates so it will be dearer than kingos original price for just the front guard kit.

All of the instructions are available and you can get the total prices from kingo. You can fit them yourself and avoid them cobbling things up by fitting one under-run guard over the other.

:D

Toyota have changed their web site and the Nudge Bar is now "not available on XTR" a bit late don't you think???? but at least they are now aware of the problem and this can now hopefully help others from making the same mistake!!!! what a carry on come on mr T...... by the way motor's away back to Ayr today the saga continues..... does this mean that my Rav XTR is a one off....???? wouldn't think so but that thought may be the only thing keeping me from going off the deep end :Jumpy::Jumpy: please please just let it all end for the love of god please just let it be fixed!!! ohh and i get my scuff plates this time!

Toyota have changed their web site and the Nudge Bar is now "not available on XTR" a bit late don't you think???? but at least they are now aware of the problem and this can now hopefully help others from making the same mistake!!!!

Hi,

Well, it was me! :unsure: I complained so much to Toyota Customer Relations to point out how their misleading information was re: style pack and front guard.

I reiterated that their dealer network continues to place orders for XTR's with the style pack that includes front guard and even the brochure I was supplied and their website further confirmed this fact.

I have to say, that Toyota Customer Relations are pretty poor generally. They promise to return phone calls but never do, and tried umpteen times to fob me off with "well, its part of the homogolisation and Toyota cannot condone any changes to their XTR"!!! :angry:

What a load of tosh, Toyota GB saold a vehicle on misleading information, did not update their website and continued to dish out the flannel when dealing with my complaint. I sent them a lonnnnnggggggg email by reply as I wasnt getting anywhere and eventually, after being fobbed off yet again, by them saying they had tried to contact me...blah blah blah and would only offer me some roof rails!

Well darn that, thats the very minimum/least I would EXPECT!

So got a phone call yesterday from Toyota Customer Relations and was finally told what I wanted to hear. I will have my XTR booked in for the existing 'chrome' Front guard to be removed and the front guard and kit supplied front guard fitted at no charge to me! Just have the gaggravation of taking time off (as I work shifts!) to go into Toyota to have it fitted.

I am still pursing compensation for all my wasted time, emails, phonecalls and days off I'll have to take.

Will update further when I hear. SO im "praying" that all goes smoothly.

At least the website is amended now...so anyone wanting a front guard, buy an XT3,4,5 or T180 and save yourself the hassle! ;)

RAV's back!!! ALL IS WELL scuff plates are on.... :) and nudge bar is sitting alot better :D seems like the message finally got thru!!!! think i can now start to enjoy my new motor :P it'll maybe even get a wee polish.....! also got my full tank o Diesel (made sure the light was on when car was picked up!) and my first service for nowt! hopefully we can draw a line under this whole mess! Again thanks to all who have listened to the rants!!! and who posted here :toast:

McTavish :thumbsup:

PERSISTANCE is the secret!!!

Nice one McTavish.

Your car would look well in our collection at Warrington!

Nice one McTavish.

Sorry take it there's something happening in Warrington where and when? :huh:

Nice one McTavish.

Sorry take it there's something happening in Warrington where and when? :huh:

Weekend (Saturday 3 May) down in Warrington at the hotel where I booked in months ago for the Friday and Saturday... thankfully before my court appearance for flying too low.

Thats if I survive this weekend at the Crail Banzai on Sunday when we'll see if the RAV is fast....thunder & lightning forecast which see off 90% of the folk!! With the bullbar and lights off now, the front end is a good bit lighter; looks just like a 4.1 !!

• 4 weeks later...
I've just done a "build your car" on the TGB website and for the XTR it comes up with "Style Pack" as quote - Stand apart from the crowd and make a bold statement with a front guard, side steps and front and rear scuff plates.

The price is £650. This suggests that it is fitted at the import centre as they would not fit the normal under-run guard thus allowing the front guard and special under-run guard to be fitted. They also fit the add-on blue tooth there as part of the XTR package. Once it gets to the dealers they would have to fit it and I suppose they are going to want some dosh for doing it. Don't forget this includes side steps and scuff plates so it will be dearer than kingos original price for just the front guard kit.

All of the instructions are available and you can get the total prices from kingo. You can fit them yourself and avoid them cobbling things up by fitting one under-run guard over the other.

Toyota have changed their web site and the Nudge Bar is now "not available on XTR" a bit late don't you think???? but at least they are now aware of the problem and this can now hopefully help others from making the same mistake!!!! what a carry on come on mr T...... by the way motor's away back to Ayr today the saga continues..... does this mean that my Rav XTR is a one off....???? wouldn't think so but that thought may be the only thing keeping me from going off the deep end :Jumpy::Jumpy: please please just let it all end for the love of god please just let it be fixed!!! ohh and i get my scuff plates this time!

out of interest, I was at my local dealer and killing time flicking through the accessories brochures while RAV4 being MOTed ....

I saw they had two different Style Packs for the RAV4 - one for the XT-R spec and one for the rest.

Except ..... both had the Nudge Bar listed :o And the XT-R does not include the Front and Rear Scuff Plates? Is there still a misunderstanding in the dealers what a scuff plate is? I thought the scuff plates were the things that went on the sills by the doors to protect paintwork from shoes (and I think that is what the photo showed).

Could the front under-run guard as McTavish calls it also be called a Scuff Plate by some guy putting together the options and mucking it up?

I wonder if there are many XT-Rs in Devon running around with dodgy style pack installs :rolleyes:

Scuff plates are the kick trims fitted to the sills :D:

thought so - why would they feature on options kits for all the RAVs bar the XT-R? seems odd :g:

thought so - why would they feature on options kits for all the RAVs bar the XT-R? seems odd :g:

could it be that they are fitted to the xtr as std

out of interest, I was at my local dealer and killing time flicking through the accessories brochures while RAV4 being MOTed ....

I saw they had two different Style Packs for the RAV4 - one for the XT-R spec and one for the rest.

Except ..... both had the Nudge Bar listed :o And the XT-R does not include the Front and Rear Scuff Plates? Is there still a misunderstanding in the dealers what a scuff plate is? I thought the scuff plates were the things that went on the sills by the doors to protect paintwork from shoes (and I think that is what the photo showed).

Could the front under-run guard as McTavish calls it also be called a Scuff Plate by some guy putting together the options and mucking it up?

I wonder if there are many XT-Rs in Devon running around with dodgy style pack installs :rolleyes:

I hope not the brochure ive got is as Hoovie say's there are 2 style packs 1 for XTR which includes "side and rear chrome strips, aluminium side steps and front and rear scuff plates" and for the rest of the range "An eye catching front guard, aluminium side steps and front and rear scuff plates" but i think from what hoovie has said MrT may have stuffed it up again and instead of removing the front guard option for the XTR in their brochure they have removed the scuff plate option!!!! maybe they need a translator for the memo's from head office in the land of rising sun !....... what's that film again? :) ......... lost in translation!!!!! :lol:

I think that is just what they have done - I could actually understand a front guard being referred to as a front scuff plate - it is wrong of course :)

BTW - I picked up an Auris brochure (I quite like that car) while I was there hanging around and in the pics about accessories, they talked about "optional bluetooth controls mounted on steering wheel" and illustrated that option with a pic of the standard radio control - does anybody proofread these brochures ????