Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Infop On Curren?

DemoX

Hi ..

does any of you guys have some information on the Toyota Curren??

Like home pages in english? LHD or RHD? GT-Four model of it? etc.

The reason i am asking is because i can't find ANY information on the car..

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

Denmark, Europe

Hi ..

does any of you guys have some information on the Toyota Curren??

Like home pages in english? LHD or RHD? GT-Four model of it? etc.

The reason i am asking is because i can't find ANY information on the car..

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

Denmark, Europe

I have a Curren, You will only find them in RHD (JDM Model only), I have trawled the internet for months on end and there are very few websites that arnt in Japanese or Russian but there are a few interesting NZ sites. It's the same as it's equivalent gen 6 ST20x model. Any more info? just ask

ps. Great car!! :)

is there some people that have made a LHD conversion?

can it be converted from FWD - AWD?

What about engine mods what is there out there?

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

No LHD but they did make the Curren for America with a normal Celica front end (Celica Sedan coupe) that is LHD. I don't know if anyone has ever performed a LHD conversion as ther is only 2 or 3 of us on this site! There is already AWD - The TRD special. The ZS model (mines XS) has AWD and 4WS. Mods i'm not sure about, My XS has the 3sFE engine (Carina II, MkI MR2), the ZS and ZS sports have 3sGE (Celica ST202 etc) and I think but i'm not sure that the TRD special has the 3sGTE Turbo charged engine, so I expect some Celica owners can help you out with mods. I know there are plenty of performance intakes and exhausts out there for all 3 engines.

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

No LHD but they did make the Curren for America with a normal Celica front end (Celica Sedan coupe) that is LHD. I don't know if anyone has ever performed a LHD conversion as ther is only 2 or 3 of us on this site! There is already AWD - The TRD special. The ZS model (mines XS) has AWD and 4WS. Mods i'm not sure about, My XS has the 3sFE engine (Carina II, MkI MR2), the ZS and ZS sports have 3sGE (Celica ST202 etc) and I think but i'm not sure that the TRD special has the 3sGTE Turbo charged engine, so I expect some Celica owners can help you out with mods. I know there are plenty of performance intakes and exhausts out there for all 3 engines.

Is it absolutely necessary to have a LHD, won't your government allow a RHD?? It's not that hard to get used to being on the wrong side, I used to have a G60, no probs after a couple of days!

Thanks for the info...

did you say that the ZS has 4WD/AWD and 4WS?

What does 4 wheel steering do?

Can a engine swap be done to a 3S-GTE?

No i don't think that the government won't let me drive it..

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

How is it to drive?

Thanks for the info...

did you say that the ZS has 4WD/AWD and 4WS?

What does 4 wheel steering do?

Can a engine swap be done to a 3S-GTE?

No i don't think that the government won't let me drive it..

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

How is it to drive?

Hmm I'm gonna have to check on the ZS cos i'm not sure wether its 4wd or awd. With 4WS the rear wheels turn very slightly in the opp direction to the front wheels to give a tighter sportier turn. I have been faithfully informed that a 3sGTE swap shouldn't be a problem. My car drives great engine and gearbox wise, it's a 94 with 70,000 miles on the clock. It corners brilliantly because i had it lowered by 35mm but this seems to be having an adverse affect on some of the faster handling but then no car was ever designed to be lowered. :) Hope all this helps, I can't believe your govt won't allow RHD cars. I have been to DK and the authorities seemed really tolerant.

I can't believe your govt won't allow RHD cars. I have been to DK and the authorities seemed really tolerant.

Hi .. Again

Sorry if you misunderstood me but, i don't think the government

have any problem with the citizens driving a RHD car...

4WS only turns the rear tyres a little bit but enorgh to turn REALLY tight??

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

It's either ganna be a Curren or a 6th gen. Celica GT-Four (ST205)

I can't believe your govt won't allow RHD cars.  I have been to DK and the authorities seemed really tolerant.

Hi .. Again

Sorry if you misunderstood me but, i don't think the government

have any problem with the citizens driving a RHD car...

4WS only turns the rear tyres a little bit but enorgh to turn REALLY tight??

Cheers

Bo Sørensen

It's either ganna be a Curren or a 6th gen. Celica GT-Four (ST205)

It would have to be the TRD model to be any where near as exciting to drive as the 205 :thumbsup: Whereabouts in DK are you? I lived in Slagelse and Korsor for a few weeks when i was at college.

jimma, how much did your curren cost you? I've been looking at them at auction, cos i like the look and nobody's gona know wtf it is!

From what i can see on auction databases, there is 1.8ltr and 2.0 ltr engined models auto and manual but havent seen any awd ones.

currens are cool cars in new zealand we only have the 2.0 litre model in front wheel drive only and they are used japanese imports very cool cars though based on the celica. :thumbsup:

I've just bought a Curren ZS, lowered on King Springs, 17' CSA Technic alloys wrapped in FM901 rubber, in a 5sp man.

There is unfortunately on 1 model to buy and that is the ZS model, this car is nothing without the 3SGE engine. 132KW/180bhp standard

Lighter than a Celica SS models with the same engine and will usually be a smidgen quicker...

If you cant buy a ZS dont bother...

Thing is about these cars is they have great performance for a non-turbo. And your not buying...another.. boring... old... Celica.....

When you buy this you get that point of difference with better performance than a BZ-G Levin and all the non-turbo Celicas & MR2s (talking fractions here).... without the costs

Enjoy... :drool:

I've just bought a Curren ZS, lowered on King Springs, 17' CSA Technic alloys wrapped in FM901 rubber, in a 5sp man.

There is unfortunately on 1 model to buy and that is the ZS model, this car is nothing without the 3SGE engine. 132KW/180bhp standard

Lighter than a Celica SS models with the same engine and will usually be a smidgen quicker...

If you cant buy a ZS dont bother...

Thing is about these cars is they have great performance for a non-turbo. And your not buying...another.. boring... old... Celica.....

When you buy this you get that point of difference with better performance than a BZ-G Levin and all the non-turbo Celicas & MR2s (talking fractions here).... without the costs

Enjoy... :drool:

Hows it lighter than SS celica's when its the same chassis with a bigger front end?

Does the ZS or the TRD edition have the Beams engine and LSD of the SS-III?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links