Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Engine Management Light

Alan Thomas

Hello, My engine management light just came on my Yaris 1.0 (1999), any ideas how to reset or what the problem may be?

It could be any number of things. You either need to take the car to a garage or buy an OBD2 code reader to read the error code yourself.

If you search the threads, you'll see that there are severay common faults - many times its the MAF sensor, but without reading the code you don't really know.

There is a way to reset the light that you'll find in the threads (I think its something to do with disconnecting the battery) or the code reader can be used to reset the light too.

If you're very careful, you could try cleaning the MAF sensor and resetting the light, just to see if that fixes it, but you need to be careful with the MAF sensor because you can easily ruin it if you touch the sensor wire.

• 1 year later...

I have a toyota yaris 1.0 litre gls.

yes my car is fixed. to get the engine managment light off is to get the eml wiring by-passed to somewhere else, then you will never see that light come on. Only when you switch on your car!!! so they didnt take the bulb out.It is a electrical fault that trips off from ecu, get this wire traced and job done.

i had this problem for 6 months, i had a new after market cat, bank 1 and 2 oxygen sensors replaced, high octain fuel put in and so many times to take off the fault codes po4 somethink off at the garage.

i have the same car and never see that anoying light come on again.

Thanks to Spiros Garage fault finding team

I have a toyota yaris 1.0 litre gls.

yes my car is fixed. to get the engine managment light off is to get the eml wiring by-passed to somewhere else, then you will never see that light come on. Only when you switch on your car!!! so they didnt take the bulb out.It is a electrical fault that trips off from ecu, get this wire traced and job done.

i had this problem for 6 months, i had a new after market cat, bank 1 and 2 oxygen sensors replaced, high octain fuel put in and so many times to take off the fault codes po4 somethink off at the garage.

i have the same car and never see that anoying light come on again.

Thanks to Spiros Garage fault finding team

Not really a fault finding team, they just by passed the bulb, you still have the fault but no warning. Now any fault will not be relayed back to you.

As Pinkbits mentions, that does not sort the problem, more like brushes it under the carpet!

What happens if the car develops a serious fault and the light cannot come on to warn you? :rolleyes:

Up to you though, your car and all that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links