Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Mileage Rav4 D4d

Meldrew

A friend of mine is following me into the Rav4 fold. He has , and I admit I also are much impressed

with a 5dr D4D GX 2003 Reg.53 model from a local private dealer.

It is like new internally and externally, has Toyota Nav, Full Toyota service history, which includes

new clutch, Checked ok for modified DMF, 12 montha MOT, New tyres, and a 3 month parts and labour

guarantee, and it drives beautifully.

Downside, its covered 93000 miles, but the one original owner states nearly all motorway miles. :(

PRICE; £6,500 :unsure:

Interested to hear comments as to whether it would be a reasonable buy, and if they are generally

good for high mileages, or from anyone that has covered high mileage.

Colour same as mine Saphire blue.

A friend of mine is following me into the Rav4 fold. He has , and I admit I also are much impressed

with a 5dr D4D GX 2003 Reg.53 model from a local private dealer.

It is like new internally and externally, has Toyota Nav, Full Toyota service history, which includes

new clutch, Checked ok for modified DMF, 12 montha MOT, New tyres, and a 3 month parts and labour

guarantee, and it drives beautifully.

Downside, its covered 93000 miles, but the one original owner states nearly all motorway miles. :(

PRICE; £6,500 :unsure:

Interested to hear comments as to whether it would be a reasonable buy, and if they are generally

good for high mileages, or from anyone that has covered high mileage.

Colour same as mine Saphire blue.

I think you should ask the owner of this little gem...............

421front-1.jpg

I think you should ask the owner of this little gem...............

421front-1.jpg

That's me..... :D :D :D :D

She'll be 6 in September and has so far covered 87K, some not so trouble free but now have modified DMF and new clutch and is purring away nicely (O and new battery)

Do roughly about 20K year and travel all over country, even let the wife drive it sometime...but we wont go into that :angry::rolleyes:

Regularly getting between 42 and 45mpg and journey too work is country lanes A & B roads followed by slow M25.....Very comfortable seats (Leather I hasten to add) enough CD's too keep my daughter & wife happy on longer journeys....

2006_0605RAV40003.jpg

c5287d0b.jpg

DSCF0151a.jpg

Welcome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: your friend to our club and the world of TOC.. :D :D :D :D

I did 160,000 miles with the previous RAV model and engine. The engine seized cos of lack of oil cos the front crankshaft seal was leaking badly. Swapped it for another 3SFE engine, but it was slightly smoky so went the whole hog and put a turbo engine in - still the original gearbox and transmission system. The front brakes have been replaced and a few other things done.

I bought another 94 RAV recently on 79k miles. All ok apart from the rear suspension bushes needed done. However, I'm putting another turbo engine into that. You get a buzz when the thing accelerates - wheel spin at 70mph as well!

For your version, the engine is stronger than the original I think. As you see, both my RAVs are almost 14 years old!

I did 160,000 miles with the previous RAV model and engine. The engine seized cos of lack of oil cos the front crankshaft seal was leaking badly. Swapped it for another 3SFE engine, but it was slightly smoky so went the whole hog and put a turbo engine in - still the original gearbox and transmission system. The front brakes have been replaced and a few other things done.

I bought another 94 RAV recently on 79k miles. All ok apart from the rear suspension bushes needed done. However, I'm putting another turbo engine into that. You get a buzz when the thing accelerates - wheel spin at 70mph as well!

For your version, the engine is stronger than the original I think. As you see, both my RAVs are almost 14 years old!

Yea :P :P :P But I got pretty pictures showing mine :P :P

Yea :P :P :P But I got pretty pictures showing mine :P :P

Yer tea break must be finished - get back tae yer hut!

I bought a 05 D4D with 95,000 miles and full history with a new clutch and flywheel for £7000 4 months or so ago, i've done 3000 miles in it and it hasn't missed a beat, it needed a front wheel bearing when I bought it but other than diesel I haven't spent a penny on it.

Just because it has the modified fllywheel doesn't mean you won't get problems, my car had a vibration through the car from 70k but he made it last to 90k so it isn't terminal even if it starts, it was the reps car at work, 7k was what they were offered for a 2 1/2 year old rav by the dealer that sold it to them for 25k.

Motorway miles are the best miles because everthing from the bearings up is running at operating temperature

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links