Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Value Of A Carina Ii

The Serpent

Hi to all, just looking for a bit of advice about a Carina II, a car I have had in the past and is much missed.

Popped up on eBay at £250 - waiting for extra info about timing belt and general condition, shame he didn't wash it first but it''s only on 85K for a '90 H reg.

Personally I think it's a bit steep, I was wondering what the experts think. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Ebay link for the Carina

Thanks,

JOC

Thanks Flexy, good to know it's not way off price. I have a feeling it's coming up for it's third cambelt though so I doubt I'll bother if that's the case - unless Carina cambelts are a doddle, ha! Good news is the roof bars are included.

Those aren't alloys though. I did have to look twice - check out the steel!

bd8e_4.JPG

Nice avatar, anyone you know?! Anyway..!

Any common faults you know of would be really handy, thanks.

If the belts are good for 60K, are they good for 6 years too - whichever comes first?

If so I'd say that the first belt was changed in about 1996, the second in about 2002.. plus another 6 years leaves us at 2008 - oh dear! Maybe if he included the remaining tax..

Oh, and could I lift a CD player from a similar age Camry to fit this do you think?

Sorry to be a pain!

gallery_44539_509_7520.jpg Just check it carefully and look out for telltale smoke signals. ;)

HA! :lol: If it looks anything like that I'll walk home and enjoy it! The auction says no tax included, he'll be going for a rebate I expect. All £45 of it!

I'll definitely give it a go if I ever get in contact again, still waiting for a reply about the cambelt and other bits.

:angry: *NB: I am a female, though many doubt,The avatar is a representation of me(I'm unlikely to put a pic of myself for you lot to ogle) My hubby thinks I'm fitter than the avatar anyway. p.s.I've got a Toyota CD on my 93Camry but it's faulty,with it being about double the depth of the standard cass/Radio you may have probs fitting it in? :unsure:

Apologies, no offence intended! I've figured out your gender from you mentioning your other half earlier. I wish my missus knew that much about Carinas!

Thanks for the tax and CD info, I was just thinking what Toyota would have done if they had offered a CD player. I'll worry about it if I buy the car - still no word, maybe I'll remind him tomorrow.

Oh dear! He says there's no record of a cam belt change in the history at all!! 85K you might get away with, but 18 years??!! That has to be a record!

Not the car for me I think! My thanks to flexy7 for her advice!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links