Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! My Water Pump Has Broken

cjg

My girlfriend was driving our Yaris last night when all of a sudden the 'attention' warning light came on. She instantly stopped and (not being mechanically) minded opened the bonnet to find it had overheated. She called the AA who took her to the nearest Toyota dealer. It transpires that the water pump had broken and subsequently caused the rad to corrupt. There is no other damage (thankfully!). What are your experiences like with Toyota customer service? The Yaris is 6 weeks outside of the original warranty and was serviced (always at a main dealer) 6 weeks ago. It's done just over 30,000 miles. Moreover, as it was bought nearly new (the original - private - owner had it for one month before getting a Corolla) it was sitting in a Toyota dealer compound for three months. Help! I feel quite let down.

There's no harm in asking them, they're pretty good.

Mine went 4 weeks after the warranty ran out, bloke I deal with in toyota wasn't there he was off sick so I didn't bother to ask if they would replace.

Mine went at 70k. To be fair, they have every right to refuse as you should hear it... it's pretty loud, it doesn't just go, it decreases gradually in its operation and creates a lot of bearing noise. But there's no harm in asking!

When a water pump goes, it is very rare for it to lose all the coolant in one go, I bet it has been leaking for some time. You should have noticed the water level going down slowly. It is possible to put in an "Out of warranty request" at your dealer, Toyota then look at each individual case to see if there is anything they can do. Give it a try, they might give you something towards the costs

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links