Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sound System!

Ryan1985

Hello all!

I'm gettin my new sound system fitted 2moro and wos wonderin wot u guys all think?

I'm gettin a Sony MP40 headunit (MP3), gettin Sony 4 inch dash Speakers, disconnectin the front door Speakers and gettin some 4-way Sony 6x9's in the rear shelf!

Will this sound any good? Will i miss the door Speakers?

Any response would be much appreciated!

:thumbsup:

sony head units r real good quality. i personally got an mp30 (the model before yours). have no complaints so far.

i would get a good set of door Speakers and replace the factory ones instead of just disconnecting them.

I've got a vitz and these dont come with door speaker pods...so i dont have the option of door Speakers. i have Speakers in dash and 6x9s as you're planning to do....

the back speakers flood the front ones quite noticably... if you can hook up the door speakers too you'll get better quality.

I'm looking 2 do that RFVitz but i've heard this is quite complicated 2 do as Speakers straight off the shelf don't fit in the holes, you apparently need an adaptor of some sort!!!

Is the statement above true does anyone know?

Cheers :thumbsup:

recon you should ditch the 6x9s. theyll only pull your sound stage behind you. get some new uprated door Speakers.

doors are 5 inch (you can fit 6 with a custom frame jobby)

dash is 4 inch.

6x9s = poo

agree with rick 100%

try an do a full upgrade on the front end as 4 inchers on the dash will not cope with 6*9s mullering the soundstage

i use a set of components in the back although they are far easier to set up

remeber most competition sound quality cars dont use rear Speakers at all unless its a dolby5.1 set up

remeber most competition sound quality cars dont use rear speakers at all unless its a dolby5.1 set up

says it all really eh?

there's no need for 6x9's in the yaris anyway, there's more than enough stereo upfront if you uprate the Speakers and have a nice sub in the boot

agree with rick here too. :thumbsup:

so true... the one thing i regret about havin a vitz not a yaris :censor: no door pods!

didnt hav much choice over the 6x9s...womponent set on a rear shelf? that does ok then? better than 6x9s?

am plannin a set of kick panels at the moment instead of door Speakers...

should come nice. gettin some help from this guy:

423680_15_full.jpg

will hopefully improve my soundstage.

aww, bugger, id watch my feet in there. id end up putting my feet through em, and thats not what you want to be doing to a set of focals (imo the best Speakers in the world).

good luck with it mate!

so true... the one thing i regret about havin a vitz not a yaris :censor: no door pods!

didnt hav much choice over the 6x9s...womponent set on a rear shelf? that does ok then? better than 6x9s?

am plannin a set of kick panels at the moment instead of door speakers...

should come nice. gettin some help from this guy:

423680_15_full.jpg

will hopefully improve my soundstage.

oh no its red

hey

ive got components in the front with the tweaters on custom brackets in the dashopods i also have a set of 6*9s in the rear parcel shelf with this set up the high notes are not drowned out by all the midrange.the 6*9s are cool as long as they do not overwhelm the front end of the car.

spend time adjusting the gain on the amp so the 6*9s are at a good level as not to overwhelm the front end

only mount 6*9s on a solid parcel shelf mine are mounted on a custom made shelf which is constructed of 3/4 inch mdf

if mounted in standard shelf, the shelf will move and vibrate distoting the sound produced and causing vibration in the car-not good atall

Well everyone, got the sound system fitted 2day and they decided 2 take it upon themselves 2 fit door Speakers and put tweeters in the dash and, of course, my 6x9's!

Its soundin well good and i'm really pleased!

I'll be posting pictures soon!!!

wots wrong wid red then? hehe not my choice of colour but nothin wrong wid it!

well if u worried about kickin them.... dont giv lifts to clumsy f*cks hehe. :D :thumbsup:

they look sweet and will definately improve my sound quality...specially since door Speakers arent an option for me.

oh and ye about the 6x9s...actually lets talk about coaxials...cos 6x9s aint any different to any other 6" coaxial. ye most ppl dont seem to like em. i tell ya one thing...they sound bad cos they not bein filtered! and their bass is messin up against the bass of the woofer. i've got high pass filters goin through my set of 6x9s. Also as said above cos they're played too loud.... with the right setup they sound quite satisfactory if u ask me... and yes a custom mdf install is also a must for 6x9s to sound good.

good to hear bout the install ryan...lookin fwd to some pics :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey RFvitz!

Will get my pics up as soon as possible!

And u say your from Malta - i must say your English is spot on!!!

yeah i was tkain the pics last nite altho they are a bit crap and blurrey and its at nite but ill get em up anyway to give the idea then get some better ones later on

im glad im not alone wit my ideas cuz othawise it seems im doin summit wrong, RF vitz im keen for sum kickpanel pods and willing to pay, cuz my doors just rattle too much wit Speakers with slight bass 2 them,

cheers

lee :thumbsup:

lee - dynamat

plaster the chuffer all over the door card, on the internal skin then stuff ya hands through the holes and get as much as ya can on the outewr skin

so ryan you've installed 6 speakers in all - dash, door and shelf - correct?

Well kind of!!!

I've got Speakers in the door with the tweeters that come with them in the dash where the dash Speakers are meant 2 go and i've got my 6x9's on the standard parcel shelf!!!

Pic's are definitely coming soon!!! :thumbsup:

Whats the best setup on a 4*47W Headunit?

is it...

Amp'd Sub on rear RCA (same power as the Amp)

6X9" on rear channel (more than 47W)

5.25" on front channel (more than 47W)

4" on front RCA (more than 47W)

or would i need to do something different