Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Light Problem

markieb

hi all after a long and gruelling wait for my baby she is back from the garage with a new engine but now theres another problem when it came out of the garage it had the abs light on the dash lit up the garage said it was because they had the suspension off and it will go out when its been driven about a little its still not gone out and now it sounds like they never put the gaskets back on the exhaust when they re-attached it and just fire puttyd it instead?does anyone know what the abs light problem could be?

also its eating the fuel i went through quarter of a tank only doing 40-50mph and only drove 60miles.

im not to keen on taking it back to the garage as they seem like a botch operation they left wire cases off and didnt secure the Battery and left the Battery secure bar off when putting it back on not the one which attaches to the body but the one which attaches next to the air filter and then tightens down with a bolt hahaha they even left off the side cover for the light when they changed a light bulb an said it was never on there when i took it back but you guys seem to know what your talking about and seem more clued up so any help would be great ;)

ah man, reading this sort of stuff ***** me right off, i hate cowboys, they shouldnt be aloud anywhere near a celica,

i would say take the car back to them and get them to rectify their ***** ups, but if they're that bad then i'd take it else where and get someone decent to sort it out.

other than that i'm sorry i cant be any more help.

i wish u the best of luck

oh try to go back there and get some of ur money back for the extra work its gona cost u to sort their fk ups.

ah man, reading this sort of stuff ***** me right off, i hate cowboys, they shouldnt be aloud anywhere near a celica,

i would say take the car back to them and get them to rectify their ***** ups, but if they're that bad then i'd take it else where and get someone decent to sort it out.

other than that i'm sorry i cant be any more help.

i wish u the best of luck

oh try to go back there and get some of ur money back for the extra work its gona cost u to sort their fk ups.

yeah im deffinately with you on that one im guessing they got their qualifacations from a printing office in asia :huh: but ive got receipts for proof of all the work they have done.

also how long before the clutch is worn in and stops feeling rough when changing gears?im thinking of giving them another shot at rectifying there mistakes(im not keen but it does need fixing)and if they still dont fix it then il try to find a way for a decent garage to fix it and then charge them for fixing there ***** ups im going to begin looking into ways of getting a proper garage to fix it and then getting them to charge them for rectafying there mistakes(which i think will be alot) :(

just make sure its loud an clear they wont be charging u any extra for the work, an also re ur clutch....i'm not too sure how long it shopuld take to wear in and feel normal, when i had mine put in my gt4 st185 it felt better and smoother not trougher...i'm thinking these cow bowys have really done u.....if they are unable to sort the problem out after a second shot i'd make an issue out if it, go to trading standars or someone who might be able to help u out on this.

ur a brave man taken it back to them

good luck mate

just make sure its loud an clear they wont be charging u any extra for the work, an also re ur clutch....i'm not too sure how long it shopuld take to wear in and feel normal, when i had mine put in my gt4 st185 it felt better and smoother not trougher...i'm thinking these cow bowys have really done u.....if they are unable to sort the problem out after a second shot i'd make an issue out if it, go to trading standars or someone who might be able to help u out on this.

ur a brave man taken it back to them

good luck mate

well its booked in for thurs hopefully they can sort out the problems the clutch feels better now ive done 400 miles to run it in a bit.40mph every where is very daunting but needs to be done.ive found out why the Battery is loose aparently the origional was dead so they replaced it with another one which was smaller so that explains why its not sitting right in the holder.

the exhaust is still loose tho with gasket sealer around the front pipe grrrr hope it doesnt break off and fall down the pipe it will destroy the cat.the muppets never bothered to put the proper metal gasket back on it and just fire puttied it instead.hopefully they will sort out the heater aswell as its !Removed! freezing but my main worry is the abs it takes about 10secs longer to stop now but all in all it should be ok they said they are going to put it on the computer and check whats wrong with it.so hopefully that should sort it all out

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links