Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kits For Corolla T-sport

kingkong

Help !! I have a Corolla T-sport and for the life of me i cannot find an Induction kit anywhere. My Mate has a clio 172 which is sweet, and he has tuned his up with an induction kit, what a difference it makes. It sounds ace, i thought if i could get one of those, i'd wipe the smile off his face when i take mine over 6000rpm and listen to it pur and pull away!!

hi mate use the blitz kit for the celica 190,it fits sweet and sounds the dogs,when it hits 6200 onwards worth the money for the noise alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL GUYS HOW ABOUT THIS?

I BOUGHT THE TRD COLD AIR INTAKE US MADE FOR THE MATRIX XRS (VVTL-i)....

THE :censor: THING DID NOT FIT INTO THE TSPORT.....FOR SOME REASON THE MATRIX HAS THE FOG LAMPS SOMEWHERE ELSE....SO I HAVE NO ROOM FOR THE TRD AIR FILTER :ffs: :ffs:

NOW I COME TO A POINT WHERE I NEED TO MAKE MY MIND:

1. CUT THE TUBE SO IT'LL LOOK LIKE THE blitz KIT

2. EXTEND THE TUBE SO THE TRD AIR FILTER CAN BE FITTED

I NEED UR HELP ON THIS...PLS !!! ANY COMENTS WILL BE WELCOME :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

como que no cabe en tu Corolla T Sport??? aqui en Panama todos los t sports les ha cabido perfectamente en CAI de INJEN para el XRS, ahora no se si el de TRD sea igual que el de injen, pero la cosa es ke el de injen cupo perfectamente en mi corolla T sport, solo hay que hacer unos peque;os ajustes, para que encaje 100%...

yo pense que en costa rica no habia NINGUN solo T Sport, CUantos Corolla T Sport hay alla en Costa Rica???

We would appreciate to use english language in the forum so

anyone can understand.

What he said

I said that any inductionkit for the Matrix XRS should fit 90% on any Corolla TS, you only need to do some mild modification in order to install it...

well at least I managed to get the injen properly installed , I dont know if the TRD one would fit, but I assume it would also fit, but with some mild mods to the chassis too!!!...

If you want pictures of me installing the CAI please send me an e-mail to Pro_cariota@hotmail.com, because I dont know how to post pictures here properly yet!

the 2 only major mods I did to my Corolla TS so the CAI could fit was to remove the Hot air blower, and cut a bigger hole where the plastic pipe of the blower went through...

And you didn't have problems with headlight (the pipe doesnt fit under) and the air pump?

I also have TRD CAI for my T-Sport, but tried to fit it really quick and noticed problems with:

- Headlight is too deep so the CAI dont fit under it

- the air pump doesnt allow to fit the cone properly

- the fog light problem...

Trust/Greddy sells intake kits for the Corolla, which do not require any additional modification.

Not sure how much they are but expect something like GBP120 - 130 range.

If there are enough people interested (min. 3 persons) , i can arrange for a groupbuy.

Hmmm not sure why you guys had so many issues fitting the Matrix TRD XRS CAI into the Tsport... I can think of quite a few in Aus that have fitted this particular intake to their rollas with little issue.. There were more issues with relocation of vacum hoses than the actual length of the intake piping...

I have the AEM MATRIX XRS CAI fitted to my Sportivo/TSPORT and fits perferctly... I had to do a little custom plumbing of a couple of vacum hoses cause there are some under bonnet differences between the Left Hand Drive Matrix XRS and RHD Sportivo/Tsport...

But overall a direct boltin.. :eek: I did have to wrestle a little to get the POD onto the end of the intake pipe near the foglight as it is a VERY, VEYR tight fit...

Heres a pic of the engine bay with it fitted...

aem.jpg

Beware of trying to use Celica intakes.. Remember the Battery is in a different place on the Rolla... Also Im not a fan of the short ram style intakes.. They get to much heat from the engine bay...

Exec6Speed,

Tried emailing you but it didnt work...any chance you could drop an email to me plz , im a fellow Aussie keen on the Sportivo and modifying it.

Cheers Mate

the sportivos in OZ are not the same as a CTS, they have some differences, specially some clearence differences in the headlight and front bumper section...

the cai for the XRs fits ok in our UK Corolla TS...

I didnt have any problems with the installation...

maybe some peeps need help, maybe someothers dont...

Only a stupid person would try to fit a celica's gts cai in our cars...

the sportivos in OZ  are not the same as a CTS, they have some differences, specially some clearence differences  in the headlight and front bumper section...

Very minor differences !! You got an XRS intake onto yours... I got one onto my Aussie Sportivo... So gotta be damn close you think ??? B)

Only a stupid  person  would try to fit a celica's gts  cai in our  cars...

Hey man Im sitting here ****** myself laughing.. I wanted to say the same thing but didnt jump straight to the point like that.... :lol:

the sportivos in OZ  are not the same as a CTS, they have some differences, specially some clearence differences  in the headlight and front bumper section...

So is that why you had to cut the chassis?

How did you solve the clearance problem?

Did you try to install TRD CAI? or Injen only?

And do you know what is the air pump for?

the aire blower, that blow hot air from the header to your intake is to warm up the engine faster... it only blows HOT AIR, dont confuse it with an EGR system...

so if you experience any freezing temperatures during the year, you shouldn't take out the blower!!!

well, I cut a little area of the chassis so I could get the CAI through it... because the hole the car brings from the factory is made for the plastic tubes that carry the air from the blower to the intake...

I have an INJEN RD CAI

OK, so from what you say, it looks like injen goes through the blower hole.

TRD which I'm trying to install does not go this way. It goes below the headlight and this is my main problem -- there;s not enough clearance.

Dude you need to take some video of you trying to fit this thing or something... Ive now seen the Aussie Sportivo fitted with an Injen (XRS), AEM (XRS) and a TRD (XRS).... None Required cutting of metal however the TRD and the Injen were a tight fit around the foglights...

Id love to help.. Just cant understand why your having so many issues.. :blink:

Id love to help.. Just cant understand why your having so many issues.. :blink:

Its simple:

1. We have an air pump, which you dont (but this can be removed)

2. The headlight is of different shape than yours, so the intake pipe doesn't want to go under it.

I'll be fitting it tomorrow at my friends garage. Will take pisc and post them, so you understand.

I want TRD for warranty issues. My dealer assured me if i put TRD will not void warranty.

The TRD has been fitted by 04 XRS owners succesfully, so the pump shouldnt be that much of an issue.

Worse is with the head light -- maybe sligt mod will be needed, will see tomorrow. From the pictures i got from one of Sportivo owners with TRD cai it looks like ypur headlights have totally diff, shape in the back section.

I dont want to cut anything like Bobby did. The only thing i can do is to remove the air pump, as it is not that neccessary and affects emmision only during startup.

Gentlemen, (I Expect)

I am the proud owner of a stock 2003 corrolla sportivo,I would love a recomendation to somebody in sydney to do the AEM??( or recommended) cold air intake mod. :thumbsup:

Any advise in relation to having this done would be appreciated.

Kanjo :help: