Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits For Corolla T-sport

kingkong

I dont know why imek is having so much trouble...

my CTS has the same specs as yours...

and mine fitted just fine...

believe me, you have make a bigger hole to get the pipe through .... I'll try to give you another picture of me cutting the car hahahaha

my car barely had 2000km at that time, and I was already phucking cutting it hahahaha

Here are some pics of my TRD CAI install. Took me 13 hours in total.

f9d82ee9.jpg

This is how I had to cut my headlight, so the pipe fits under it.

f9d82eea.jpg

Here is from the left:

Air pump, air box, air pump silencer, original air pump mount, my design new air pump mount.

f9d82eeb.jpg

And here how the CAI is routed in the engine bay. Where the pipe goes down the air pump was originally installed. Now it is placed under the Battery, between the radiator and gearbox.

Meh... Live and Learn eh... Gotta say the whole setup looks Identical to mine... Wonder where the differences lay in the headlights.. The damn things look the same in photos.. :blink:

New theory.... I bought the AEM Intake to suit the 2003 Matrix which doesnt have an air pump.... Nor does my 2003 Stivo... However the 2004 Matrix does Ive been reading.... I noticed AEM has 2 seperate parts for the different model years.. Maybe this is the issue in all along.... Does TRD fit both model years ??? :huh:

I had to cut the chassis too...

It would help you trying to cut the tube too...

But this would change its length!! It might affect its performance!!! :arrgg-matey:

Holy Cow Imek, you took apart your whole front end. I have the matrix XRS fitted by a mate, and the pod didnt fit cleanly because of the foglight, but all he did was push it up the intake pipe till it fitted. The rest was easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone fix CAI to 1.6 VVti ?!

I have Corolla 2002 and I want to buy TRD CAI, but before it would be nice to hear some opinions from people that have already done this in the same engine :)

Trust/Greddy sells intake kits for the Corolla, which do not require any additional modification.

Not sure how much they are but expect something like GBP120 - 130 range.

If there are enough people interested (min. 3 persons) , i can arrange for a groupbuy.

is it still actual?

• 3 months later...

Could someone/ Exec6speed, Imek

send to me some pic as soon as possible about installing this AEM CAI to Corolla Tsport ( matrix XRS ).

We have lil problem here about installing the kitt.. The pictures upper here don't work on my computer :( ..

Please send it to pekka.tapaninen@lindstrom.fi

Thank you for wery many!!!

Also where that intakes vacuum hoses go?? Just try to help my freind!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links