Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowering Springs

Phiber_Optik

Hi All, I am really looking to lower my yaris but cant afford to go for teins, I know that the likes of Pi are not the best springs around but has anyone used Koni springs.

Have found these ones on offer and am wondering if they are any good?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/pro...;sub_category=1

Many thanks.

P.S What other alternatives are there to Teins?

Am running 15inch alloys on 195/50 tires.

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but has anyone seen thoses H & R springs on the europeperformance site!! £1500 qid for 24 carat gold lowering springs!!? WTF!?

Apex

GMAX

PI

Jamex

are all cheaper makes of springs, but for the extra £40 i'd save up a while longer for the teins

Sometimes you can get cheap TTE one's on eBay for about £30-£40

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but has anyone seen thoses H & R springs on the europeperformance site!! £1500 qid for 24 carat gold lowering springs!!? WTF!?

Who said ballin' was cheap? ;)

Yo, i have pi springs and i cant find any fault with them. All the tein label snobs on here slag them, but theyve never had them lol.

TTE springs would be a good bet, come up cheap on eBay and you know theyre good quality. Get the odd set for sale here or on yarisclub too.

The koni springs are good btw, knoi stuff is very good. A lot of ppl on here ive heard say they used koni shocks but usually with whatever springs they already had before they got the shocks like tte or whatever. Anyway the point is konis are good.

Koni would be good mate but another benefit of teins is it balances the car out with 35mm on front and 38mm on back!

hi,

ive just lowered mine on gmax springs. 40mm front and rear drop.

i cant fault them really the car drives and handles alot better. £90 for the springs and £60 to have them fitted. :thumbsup:

Image029.jpg

bert :thumbsup:

Hi,

even I'm looking for a set of springs and was trying to find a set of 40mm lowering. the thing is that I dont want to end up having my car like is resting on a rock! be very stiff! are all the same regarding stiffness?

thanks

Looks pretty low actually especially on 14's!

Is the ride really bumpy?

to be honnest its really quite smooth. ;)

bert

Baby Yari: I seen those too and was thinking WTF maybe like sun strips and and neons they make your car go faster?

Bert.Tsport: How do you find the Pi springs for handling?

Thanks everyone for your input, I am still stuck between Koni and Teins. Ill Think a while longer on it.

Bert.Tsport: How do you find the Pi springs for handling?

hi,

they are gmax springs on my yaris, they handle really well. i used to have Pi springs on my corolla t sport and they were really good too. :thumbsup:

bert

Any problems with them rubbing?

no rubbing at all. :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic but - who has declared their car lowered to their insurance company? And out of those who did, what was their reaction to it and how much did they charge if anything?

navygm, lowered springs need to be a bit stiffer to compensate for the loweredness of the car when there is a load in the car, cant have it sinking as much as it would on standard springs as it would scobe.

phiber optik, theres no way youll get rubbing with a drop of that size. unless you put 17s on or something stupid.

redsell, quinn direct required me to have a qualified mechanic carry out an engineers report on the car

(£25-£30), premium did not increase.

Thanks for that forde, Was not sure if rubbing would happen at that drop, don't want anything to low as there is a lot if speed ramps where I live. Good Job.

I had G-Max springs on mine, a little choppy a speed but apart from tht , no rubbing, not too stiff. Still sat in the garage actually. :D KONi stuff is always good but to be honest, i would save up that little extra and get TEINs, there basic damper kit is spot on :D.

wesellcarparts.com are apparently selling the Teins (for 2007+ models :S) at a discounted price of $179 plus shipping. Looks to work out to be about £90 +p&p because of the great exchage rate at the moment!

Teins

Here dont forget to consider rs*r springs.

tuned_up t sport - i think he's looking springs only not coilovers

phiber - i know wat you mean about the ramps <_< mines lowered on Pi which i believe are the lowest ones you can get at 40mm (more like 45mm now theyre settled) and the teins only lower 35 and konis 30 or 35 iirc?

no problems on speed bumps as long as you take them slowly. no bother with full loads in car either. im on 15s btw. The black plastic things under the front bumper occasionally touch on those really severe ones you get sometimes that are like 2.5x a normal one, but its just a light touch. you wont have bother with normal ones tho. Anyway if your going slow over it like you should be then it wont cause any harm. Obviously if you go lit over the speed bumps your bumpers in for it lol

What are the RS R springs like? I looked at them too but had never heard of them before.

The koni's lower 35mm. I have never lowered my car or really been in a lowered car, so I don't want to spend a fortune on them at the moment.

I am currently still on my standard rims, the cars a phase 2 colour edition. I quiet like the OEM look and want my yaris to look as standard as possible with subtle changes, springs being one of them, and the second being things like chrome bulbs so my lights don't look like fried eggs.

RSR's are good springs if you can get hold of the, cheap, there is always TTE if looking for OEM look, lower 30mm!! Can be found for as little as £40 on eBay!

anyone knows some sites for buying springs pls? except from envyperformance...

found some on eBay but little expensive they are..

by d way.. someone knows how you can calculate or how much I can angle the wheels when you lower it down? (that thing that is called Negative Camber) and how you do it? i just want to lower the car and do this to increase the road holding..

thanks for your help

navygm

Navygm there is a site called europerformance parts, which is where I Seen the Konis I talk about. They seem to have quiet alot of springs from different companies. Will get the address for you when I am back in the office on Tuesday. Thou someone might come along with it in the mean time.

Have not used them yet so am not sure on there reliability. Maybe someone else will comment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links