Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Noises

philjones1978

Is it al the time?

Is it first thing in the morning when they are cold wet and damp etc?

Is it under hard braking etc

All that kinda stuff is gonna be needed to point you in the right driection bud :thumbsup:

probably corosiion. thats what the prob with mine was and they just went at it for a bit with some wire wool or something and then they were fine, shame my exhaust has decide to bugger up now though

i've noticed it under gentle breaking early in the morning. they seem top work ok under normal driving (i.e no heavy braking).

It is likely that over night a thin coat of rust is forming on the discs and for the first few times in the morning you will find them rough. Or it could be a combination of that and the discs/pads nearing the end. Id just perhaps wack of a wheel and get a good close look at them. If they lots of meat left on them, give them a clean down with wire wool and disc cleaner and see how you get on :thumbsup:

The discs do look a bit rusty. they were replaced along with the pads aless than a year ago so I doubt either of them are on the way out. Well, the pads may be ( I do like late braking!) but the discs better not be! Can you get brake disc cleaner from Halfords etc? I've never seen some. I might clean the rear drums up while I'm at it.