Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exchanged T Sport With Auris T180

T Sport 1978

Never thought i would do this... not in a million years. Swapping the CTS for a diesel.

But the T180 is a cracking car and i got a great deal on one, will be sorry to see the CTS go as its been impeccable and gave me lots of fun, its just starting to not make sense in keeping it as the mileage was piling on and will be costing me a bomb (combo of hi tax and low tank range). Thought i will PX it whilst it was still giving me a good exchange.

It will be sold on in Bolton...thats right Bolton!!! I went all that way for this deal because it was that good. :)

Anyways, thanks for all the advice that you guys gave over the last 3 years, you all have been great.

Keep smiling with your CTS...LONG LIVE THE LIFT.

.... POOR T SPORT!

AURIS ARE NICE THOUGH.....WHENEVER YOU SEE A NEW CAR...WHY IS IT A NATURAL INSTINCT U WANT THE NEW ONE???

I popped to toyota today and although i love my car...i saw cleaner corollas! i wanted to swap mine..silly i know but i just wanted the newer ones etc which were used displays...but o well even the auris. Lay out of the dash looks great and it looks much nicer exterior wise then the civic. im sure they are going to make a t sport of some kind of the auris toyota sent me their magazine a while back with a white auris with spoilers etc on it looked fab!!

.... POOR T SPORT!

AURIS ARE NICE THOUGH.....WHENEVER YOU SEE A NEW CAR...WHY IS IT A NATURAL INSTINCT U WANT THE NEW ONE???

I popped to toyota today and although i love my car...i saw cleaner corollas! i wanted to swap mine..silly i know but i just wanted the newer ones etc which were used displays...but o well even the auris. Lay out of the dash looks great and it looks much nicer exterior wise then the civic. im sure they are going to make a t sport of some kind of the auris toyota sent me their magazine a while back with a white auris with spoilers etc on it looked fab!!

If i didn't have to drive so many miles for my job, i think i would have put up with the cost and keep the CTS. The Auris T180 diesel just makes more sense right now and before my CTS is worthless due to the silly mileage.

It wasn't anything to do with Auris being newer, but i know what you mean about seeing newer/cleaner cars. :)

Nice car mate!! :thumbsup:

There's one in white at our local Mr T - very nice! B)

So what's it like to drive, is it kinda anti-lift, where the grunt is from the off rather than at the top?? I drove the works golf TDI and thought it was canny with only 115 BHP or what ever it is, so the Auris must be pretty swift! Enjoy :D

So what's it like to drive, is it kinda anti-lift, where the grunt is from the off rather than at the top?? I drove the works golf TDI and thought it was canny with only 115 BHP or what ever it is, so the Auris must be pretty swift! Enjoy :D

Hey Scoob,

Thanks mate and i was definitely tempted by the leary white SR180's with their lowered springs and big spoilers, but their prices are a little out of my reach and plus my deal was a cracking one.

Needless to say the engine is very different and the whole behaviour of the car will take some getting use to... For example there is absolutely NOTHING before 2000 rev, but once you get there the thing absolutely flies like there is no tomorrow. The surge is very smooth and you get up to speed very quickly without realising, that is until you hit 4000 rev and then it begins to wane and totally runs out of puff by 4500. All the gears are really made to be used between 2000-3500 revs and as long as you stay in that range, you can overtake anything with ease (in any gear) as there is just so much torque. I was pleasantly pleased by the drive and it neither smelt or sounded like a diesel...which is no mean feat. I asked the sales person to step on the gas when i was standing behind the exhaust (to check for excessive black smoke) and what came out of it was simply slightly scented warm air...amazingly clean and no smoke at all.

I will be missing the lift though as i dont think i will ever forget that kick, i will have to make do with all that torque instead and plod along at 2000 rev all day long. I have 4 more days with the CTS and i will be hitting the lift at every opportunity i can get :D

nice one ! will you be getting the car chipped, i may be wrong but im sure toyota do a chip for them now

nice one ! will you be getting the car chipped, i may be wrong but im sure toyota do a chip for them now

No, maybe a future project though!

Hi

I have just the same thing, 05 silver TSport has gone and I now have a Black 07 T180 with sat nav.

I will also miss lift but with all the toys incorporated into the Auris they make the pain easier. It is surprisingly fully loaded with loads of gimmicks.

The drive is nice like you said, and engine does pull well low revs. It will take some getting used to not revving high but the power is plenty for now. Ive heard the power can be increased to 215 with the chip.

Hi

I have just the same thing, 05 silver TSport has gone and I now have a Black 07 T180 with sat nav.

I will also miss lift but with all the toys incorporated into the Auris they make the pain easier. It is surprisingly fully loaded with loads of gimmicks.

The drive is nice like you said, and engine does pull well low revs. It will take some getting used to not revving high but the power is plenty for now. Ive heard the power can be increased to 215 with the chip.

Mine is black 5 dr... well done for getting the sat nav as well.

Yes you can get a 215bhp right now, apparently it increases fuel econ as well? Dont see how.

Hi

Yes you can get a 215bhp right now, apparently it increases fuel econ as well? Dont see how.

Mine is 5 door also, got it from luton and they delivered saved me from a 4 hour trip each way. Got a good price as well so well happy. I think the fuel economy must be better due to better engine management. I have heard that all diesel engines are set up to run the crapiest diesel that some countries use. as we use good diesel here means you can get more out of the engines.

Hi

Mine is 5 door also, got it from luton and they delivered saved me from a 4 hour trip each way. Got a good price as well so well happy. I think the fuel economy must be better due to better engine management. I have heard that all diesel engines are set up to run the crapiest diesel that some countries use. as we use good diesel here means you can get more out of the engines.

Very nice sir... I should have asked for it to be delivered as well, but will be fun to spend a long journey getting aquainted with each other. :lol:

I will be tempted to get that chip done...once i have the roof spoiler done that it.

Hey Scoob,

Thanks mate and i was definitely tempted by the leary white SR180's with their lowered springs and big spoilers, but their prices are a little out of my reach and plus my deal was a cracking one.

Needless to say the engine is very different and the whole behaviour of the car will take some getting use to... For example there is absolutely NOTHING before 2000 rev, but once you get there the thing absolutely flies like there is no tomorrow. The surge is very smooth and you get up to speed very quickly without realising, that is until you hit 4000 rev and then it begins to wane and totally runs out of puff by 4500. All the gears are really made to be used between 2000-3500 revs and as long as you stay in that range, you can overtake anything with ease (in any gear) as there is just so much torque. I was pleasantly pleased by the drive and it neither smelt or sounded like a diesel...which is no mean feat. I asked the sales person to step on the gas when i was standing behind the exhaust (to check for excessive black smoke) and what came out of it was simply slightly scented warm air...amazingly clean and no smoke at all.

I will be missing the lift though as i dont think i will ever forget that kick, i will have to make do with all that torque instead and plod along at 2000 rev all day long. I have 4 more days with the CTS and i will be hitting the lift at every opportunity i can get :D

I’m pleased you got a cracking deal like mate – nice to see it going your way!! :thumbsup: I was tempted by the SR180 too, but it’s out of my reach as well. The lass I was visiting in Birmingham is looking for a fancy diesel and I’m trying to giver her a friendly push to test drive one before she buys a BMW.

I’ll bet it flies!!! B) It sounds very much like that golf I had a blast in where there’s a little lag on the turbo (not that it’s any sort of problem) and then it’s off – can’t imagine that kind of power/torque though! What is it, like 400nm or what ever?? I know you said it’s only got a power range of a few thousand rev’s, but that’s all the CTS has and with it being a diesel it’s a far bigger range really. I like the fact that you can overtake so easily, it’s far safer than just crawling past! It’s quiet?? I don’t mind the noise anyway, but the only thing stopping my dad from being interested in the Auris was the noise the diesel Clio makes next door – sounds like a tractor! You say it’s a clean car, like emissions I mean, so has anything changed with your tax?

Don’t blame you for hitting lift all the time, you’ve got to enjoy lift while it lasts!! I don’t really drive so fast, but know I’ll be the same when we part company!

Hey Scoob,

I’m pleased you got a cracking deal like mate – nice to see it going your way!! :thumbsup: I was tempted by the SR180 too, but it’s out of my reach as well. The lass I was visiting in Birmingham is looking for a fancy diesel and I’m trying to giver her a friendly push to test drive one before she buys a BMW.

I’ll bet it flies!!! B) It sounds very much like that golf I had a blast in where there’s a little lag on the turbo (not that it’s any sort of problem) and then it’s off – can’t imagine that kind of power/torque though! What is it, like 400nm or what ever?? I know you said it’s only got a power range of a few thousand rev’s, but that’s all the CTS has and with it being a diesel it’s a far bigger range really. I like the fact that you can overtake so easily, it’s far safer than just crawling past! It’s quiet?? I don’t mind the noise anyway, but the only thing stopping my dad from being interested in the Auris was the noise the diesel Clio makes next door – sounds like a tractor! You say it’s a clean car, like emissions I mean, so has anything changed with your tax?

Don’t blame you for hitting lift all the time, you’ve got to enjoy lift while it lasts!! I don’t really drive so fast, but know I’ll be the same when we part company!

Yep 295ft/lb or 400NM of torque... Very generous i say, but i need to learn how to use it properly and can't go revving like i was still in the CTS. Its just a different beast altogether.

THe noises that it makes is pretty gruffy when it's cold, but once it warms up it is more or less silent. WHen i test drove the thing on the motorway, i was gob smacked that it was so quiet even when i was down shifting and giving it some. You dont realise how loud the CTS is until you get into the Auris...

Tax is 145 for this year then 175 for the next i think... Its an immediate saving there already... Not the greatest for a diesel, but you cant have everything (econ/performance/emission) but over the long run, i think it will make around £1000 difference per year on fuel and at least 50 difference in tax.

I travelled 60 miles to work today and i must have lifted 20 times....never been like this with it. All that is doing though is making me miss this more. :(

is the T180 the same as the SR180?

as i can't see any reference to T180 on the toyota website.

they have T2, TR, T3 and SR180.

Essentially yes, SR180 replaced the T180 but there are differences; personally I prefer the T180, but others will want the extra bits that the SR has and won't miss what it hasn't got. Apparently there were some at the time of the changeover that had most of the goodies of both models e.g. SR Kit and sunroof etc.

There's a fairly recent thread covering the differences.

Essentially yes, SR180 replaced the T180 but there are differences; personally I prefer the T180, but others will want the extra bits that the SR has and won't miss what it hasn't got. Apparently there were some at the time of the changeover that had most of the goodies of both models e.g. SR Kit and sunroof etc.

SR180 loses sunroof and keyless entry but gains Toyota Motorsport lowered springs and roof spoiler.

I'd rather have the T180 spec as you can fit the roof spoiler and springs easily afterwards, but you cant fit the sunroof/keyless.

SR180 loses sunroof and keyless entry but gains Toyota Motorsport lowered springs and roof spoiler.

I'd rather have the T180 spec as you can fit the roof spoiler and springs easily afterwards, but you cant fit the sunroof/keyless.

Agreed, and tinted windows as standard on the SR180 can be added to the T180 as well. There's also a rear diffuser decal (big sticky label) on the SR180 but not sure it adds any real visual value to the T180. I would't really miss the sunroof but the keyless entry/starter is so convenient - no need to fubble about with keys. Wish it had a coat hook like the T-Sport though.

no justifications here but even though i had my t180 a year ago i prefer it too.

not a big fan of the large roof spoiler really. i already had my windows tinted and the difusser is a bit lame by toyotas standards.

i miss the lowering springs yes, but apart from that the only thing i will add to my t180 is a chip to take it to 210bhp or there abouts. Just waiting to see how others get on first or if toyota releases an official / supported chip.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links