Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm / Central Locking Problem

vindev

I have a problem with my Avensis (1998, Auto), recently the Central Locking / alarm has stopped working.

I've checked the fuses under the bonnet but all seem to be ok, is there another fuse box somewhere or is there something else that's causing this.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

When my central locking stopped working it turned out to be the Dome fuse that had blown, it's one of the ones under the bonnet, green I think.

When my central locking stopped working it turned out to be the Dome fuse that had blown, it's one of the ones under the bonnet, green I think.

Yeah, you should have a fuse box under the bonnet as well as In the car

My 1999 Avensis has recently done the same after a visit to the dealer. They want quite a few shillings to put it right though! I think the fault lies in the sender unit in the drivers lock itself as I can still lock all the doors from inside the car from the anti car jack button. Does your alarm still activate if you try to lock the car from the fob?

Hi Shenderson,

It turns out I have the same problem with the drivers door lock, sometimes I can set the alarm with the key other times nothing, all the fuses are fine.

Toyota have advised that the cost will be about £300 to replace the lock !! :(

I'll just have to make do with locking the car with the key until I can afford to replace it.

Your dealers price is about £50 more than mine wanted! Maybe you should come up here to get it done?

I'm planning on removing the faulty bit and trying to either fix it or get a salvage part over the Christmas break. If you can hang out that long I'll let you know how it goes.