Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Parking Sensors

elaine80

I have a 2005 Corolla Colour Collection hatchback. Can anyone tell me how to disable the parking sensors? They are driving me daft.

If it is a genuine Toyota reversing kit then there should be a cancellation switch, it has a green light on the button. Should be around the right hand side of the steering wheel on the dash.

Thanks for that. It was fitted by a Toyota dealership prior to the original owner taking delivery but there is no switch there.

There wont be a switch on the dash even if it is a gen Toyota kit (never seen one unless its a TPA800 kit which this wont be :) )

If there is a cancellation switch fitted (usually only fitted if a towbar is also fitted) It will be in the boot area but i dont think there will be one. If you really want it turning off take a look inside the N/S/R boot panel, you should be able to get your hand inside through the cover that accesses the rear lamps. All the sensor bits and pieces will be there (ecu, wiring). There is a fuse in the feed wire - just remove that and hay presto! :)

Mart.

Brilliant, thanks for that. The handbook talked about a cancellation switch but we've searched the boot for it and the car was originally owned by an 80 year old who wouldn't have thought about switching them off. He was very proud of his parking sensors and gutted at having to give up driving (I got the car at nearly 2 years old with only 2636 on the clock) so I didn't want to upset him by trying to find out how to switch them off.

Part of the reason I want to be able to switch them off (apart from the annoyance factor) is that I'm toying with the idea of fitting a tow bar to transport the kids bikes around. I have roof bars for taking a box when we go on holiday but the indents that should be in my door frames to fit the bars aren't there and I have to get the measuring tape out every time I put the bars on (I lose my great fuel consumption if I keep them on all the time) so a tow bar would be easier.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links