Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions On Mid-priced Headunits...

johnny01

Have been looking around a little for some headunits to replace the stock one fitted to a Yaris T-Sport, so was just wondering what other people have or are impressed with? I had a Blaupunkt Kingston R24 that went on forever years ago, and the new model looks quite interesting. I've also looked at Alpine and Sony and have been quite impressed with their products too. My requirements are:

Budget: maybe £100 - £200 max, can't justify spending more than £200 on a headunit as I do very little mileage

Aux in: 3.5mm input socket on the front essential

mp3 playback capabilities from CD-Rs

Fairly high powered outputs and good tonal adjustment

Must look nice lol, preferably black not silver

Ability to plug into something USB would be a nice option but not essential

Not bothered about sub outputs as it's unlikely I'll be fitting one

One HU I've seen is the new Sony CDX-GT929U, which I think looks nice as well as fulfilling all the above requirements. I've got the Sony double DIN unit in my current car as it's an impressive sound, even through the stock Speakers.

The unit will feed into a pair of series wired JBL's (2 Ohm units each, the GTO-427 2 way unit and the GTO-6537 3 way unit) for the front outputs and a pair of 4 Ohm JBL P953 6x9s in a new parcel shelf for the rear output.

Many thanks - Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

Pioneer DEH-6900IB - Has an AUX input round the back, so spend another couple of quid on a cable to make it accessible from the cabin. Its major feature is direct i-pod connectivity, which is pretty damn good. Nice sound, easy to use. Mine's been running for over a year and has been superb. I paid about £160 from Bass Junkies.

go to caraudiosecurity.com - they have a lot of alpine head units for around 110 that are exceptionally good, don't need to take the time to explain the quality of alpine :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links