Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Area

axgizmo

Odd question, but please can you post pictures of the ares surrounding your sterio in your dash,

as for some reason the muppet i bought the car off has put a part from another car in, and im not sure how mine should look,

Its got a metal bar across with a plastic cover over it that says "toyota" on it.

Can see it in the back of this pic (the empty gap is where my HU is now bolted in:

DSC02470.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Laura x

What did you actually check when you bought this car??!!

:laughing:

The plastic bit in your photo with Toyota written on it is the original part. The metal strips shown on the sides bolt onto the stock headunit. You can buy a pocket off Mr T or eBay which makes it look more streamline.

See:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIN-Pocket-Tray-Toyo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Ive never had an MR2 before. Anyway you, the metal frame behind it was hidden... behind the Toyota plastic cover... which was held in by the headunit that the pillock put in there

Cheers Gaz

Ive never had an MR2 before. Anyway you, the metal frame behind it was hidden... behind the Toyota plastic cover... which was held in by the headunit that the pillock put in there

Cheers Gaz

doesn't look odd to me ,some cars had a single din stereo with the blanking plate as in your picture,

which is bolted to the same support brackets that hold in the stereo

Some cars have a pocket fitted instead of the blanking plate,

59a8_0.jpg

And some cars had the double din unit as in the pictures below

8822_2.jpg

DSC00030-1.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

Not relevant to your question and sorry if I upset you for this.

Just wondering where to get a gear garter (please correct this spelling LOL!) like that, I have a standard black one in mine but it's tight and the clips on the bottom surround seem to have broken/worn off and it lifts up when changing gears - drives me nuts having to pop it down after a gear change.

With the white stitching it looks nice.

With your question, mine looks similar to yours with a single head unit slot and blank space which you can take out for din.

Mike

DSC02470.jpg

Not relevant to your question and sorry if I upset you for this.

Just wondering where to get a gear garter (please correct this spelling LOL!) like that, I have a standard black one in mine but it's tight and the clips on the bottom surround seem to have broken/worn off and it lifts up when changing gears - drives me nuts having to pop it down after a gear change.

With the white stitching it looks nice.

With your question, mine looks similar to yours with a single head unit slot and blank space which you can take out for din.

Mike

I got them off MR2OC, Someone called Rhon makes and sells them. The one that was on was all holey etc so that was the first thing i did! lol

I dont mind at all :)

http://mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=75429.html

You can specify a colour/texture of leather/stitching :)

facia.jpg

...and here it is when I was testing and developing intercoolers, custom hard pipes and water/methanol injection...

surround.jpg

Cheers Jappy. It's been in there some time now... I bet it's been 4 years. The gauges are Eclipse. The nearest I could get to standard Toyota font and needle colour.

Was looking lastnight, and i was thinking maybe the black toyota plate should have gone in before the Autospark put the HU in, but he's bolted the HU in, so that wouldnt have been possible with the bar & Toyota plate in the way? The toyota plate doesnt sit properly because of where the HU is, but the autospark said that was the best way he could get it to fit?

heres the pics anyway...

MR2stereo.jpg

MR2stereo1.jpg

MR2stereo2.jpg

That doesn't look too good; it's at the wrong angle for starters. Looks as if it's just pushed into the gap and not supported properly.

Ordinarily (with the standard unit) the HU is fitted before the outer surround IIRC. I'd have thought at least the cage needs to be firmly bolted in place at the right angle and then the HU slotted in last.

That metal bar you see is normally part of the cover that goes over it - it looks as if yours has been snapped.

That metal bar you see is normally part of the cover that goes over it - it looks as if yours has been snapped.

So the plastic bit should be bolted/glued to the metal bar? It does have some broken looking bits on it Hmmm

Cupholder/storage bit here i come lol

So the plastic bit should be bolted/glued to the metal bar? It does have some broken looking bits on it Hmmm

Sort of fused IIRC; I think some pins on the back of the plastic piece go through the holes in the metal and are kind of melted to grip onto the metal.

Cup holder is a better idea though. I keep meaning to get one too, so let me know if you find one that works in that space.

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult to find a place for the Sat Nav - I'm so rubbish at finding my way anywhere - here's my solution! I swapped the place of the HU and made a bracket in the 'tray' that was already there. Really don't like the JVC HU it keeps scrolling the 'demo' and is just irritating, does anyone know how to stop this or I'll just get a better one! Thanks

post-6547-1207730535_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links