Sign in to follow this  
smoftah

Diecast 1:18 Models

Hello everyone,

I have collected 1:18 diecast models since I was 11 years old and ten years on I now have around 60 cars and 4 bikes!

I am at uni at the moment and dont see the cars anymore (they are at my parents house in a display cabinet (around 30 in storage).

I have a couple of rare models but the rest are pretty standard. Question is it worth selling? they are all out the box but I have all boxes and stands stored away.

God knows, you should only start collecting something if you really like them though, that way if their value plummets instead of rising you'll still be able to enjoy them yourself. The thing is with models like this, is most people who buy them will keep them in good condition, they're not generally things that kids play with & damage so chances are most of them sold will be in great nick so I can't see you being able to sell them for anything other than a loss. That is unless you have limited editions that there is a high demand for. You should be able to get some cash for them but I think you'll take a loss because they're effectively 2nd hand & you can buy brand new 1s at loads of places

depends what you got... ive not long bought my dad a diecast car, and i hunted high and low for an s2000 in red! hopefully you've got some rare ones!! will sell a treat. x

Thanks for the replies! I went back to my parents house a day or two ago and looked at them all. There is no way I could sell them! I will just keep them in storage till I get my own house in the next couple of years.

Andie - a red S2000 sounds like a rare model! hope your dad was pleased!

aye. he got a wee red s2000 keyring too... x

aye a wee red s2000... no bad little car! had a wee shot of it :D x

S2000's are really nice cars! My friend has a blue one and it revs ridiculously high! love the sound!

yup muchos fun... love it! x

my dad has a shed load of lorries and stuff. alot of rare stuff he's gunna pass down to me. he has like a massive 4 foot long Pickfords removal wagon thing with a genny on the back. worth a bit one day i guess, all boxed and never been out the box