Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Feint Scrape Noise When Braking

Chris81

Only recently noticed a light rotational scraping noise coming from the drivers side front brake when I brake. It's only noticeable when braking to a complete halt (i.e. audible when braking from 20 - 0mph), not a particularly bad or 'really worrying must fix that now' kind of noise but I'm sure it never used to be there.

Can't notice it when theres a lot of traffic noise or the road is rough but on smooth roads when its quiet you can hear a distinct rhythmical scraping sound. Does anybody else have this on their Yaris?? The dealer didn't inspect it but we did a road test and they said it was just normal brake noise :rolleyes: . Doesn't sound right to me though. The disc surface shows no signs of rust and have tried braking hard a few times but this doesn't clear it. Any ideas?

My discs began to scrape when they were wearing out and now that ive basically worn right through them the noise is unbearable, lol new brakes this week tho :D

You say its comin from the drivers side? Ive always noticed far more brake dust on my drivers wheel compared to the passenger side, and the drivers side disc is far more worn out than the passenger one... weird

Bigdave87 - No I have the mk1 Yaris.

The discs look in pretty good shape but of course theres a ring of rust around the outside edge (not the disc surface). I'm wondering if the rust on there is catching on the pad.

Has anybody ever had their discs skimmed before? Would you recommend it?

Toyota OEM yaris discs corrode very quickly, you're just as well putting some local car suppliers versions on, cheaper and don't scrape as much. End of the day, its just a little bit of rust, nothing serious.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links