Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Ts Vs Corolla Ts

robtheman

Hi Guys

Im interested to know if anyone has driven both versions of tsport and what they think?

Obviously the rolla is quicker but i have heard the yaris Tsport handles really well?

Im quite tempted by a Yaris Tsport as my corolla tsport is quite juicy 27mpg to 30mpg if lucky.

Cherrs! :D

I've driven both...

Obviously, speed and acceleration the CTS is much quicker (140mph plays 120mph and 0-60 in 8secs vs 9secs), however, the t-sport, being much smaller is much nicer to punt along a twisty road and yes it handles significantly better. I drove a CTS and found it to be very 'mushy' and quite unresponsive in the bends, the brakes also were a cause for serious concern! The engine was a let down too, having sod all beneath the magic 7k rpm, very frustrating dropping out of the 'powerzone'. There are no such problems in the YTS, it has enough torque to ebb along without being thrashed and plenty of power for its size, insurance group and mpg/running costs.

Depends on your size needs and wether you actually need the extra horses!

i have driven both. with standard suspension the yaris is better handling, but once you put tein coilovers in the driving and handling of both cars is impressive. yaris ts is not easy run either! personally i like the corolla for the li, but my yaris ts will sit with it once of the li.

funny story, i have always had a slightly quicker car than bloke at work, i have a yaris tsport then he turned up in a blandrolla tsport. lads at work thought i would be doomed, i thought sod it if his motor is cold he would not have high lift. we set off from work, got to the bypass with him following, i ended up pulling away.

next day his excuse was no traction so i pointed out blandrolla has traction control but the yaris has not. he was slightly miffed. i'd have no chance if it was warm though but it caused many "sorry i can't race its too cold" and " 0 - 60 when i get warm i might consider a race, oh you've already gone" jokes.

i have driven both though as i am a main dealer mechanic and i have to say i love the high lift noise and pull, but i manage 37 mpg out of the yaris

Hi Guys

Im interested to know if anyone has driven both versions of tsport and what they think?

Obviously the rolla is quicker but i have heard the yaris Tsport handles really well?

Im quite tempted by a Yaris Tsport as my corolla tsport is quite juicy 27mpg to 30mpg if lucky.

Cherrs! :D

Was kind of thinking the same thing....My Corolla T-Sport does around 32mpg if im lucky (mainly town driving) its quite thirsty....but what does the Yaris do combined??? And tax and insurance would be cheaper than the corollas grp 14 insurance and group F road tax..

Well in my Yaris, when I drive from Norwich to Hull (single carridge national speed limit for the majority, get held up a bit) I'm often looking at 45mpg. However, around town and that typical is 38, that's driving relatively carefull alot of the time, but leaving a bit of space for playing...

t sport aint 8 secs to 60, this has been proven by many that its very low 7's. yes lift engages when its warm same as the civic type r, wouldnt be safe for the engine if it wasnt, whoever goes racing their car before it has warmed up being the t sport or not is looking for trouble with their engine.

i myself wouldnt mind a run with a yaris t sport doubt it will ever happen , dont think they is any near me.

• 2 weeks later...
funny story, i have always had a slightly quicker car than bloke at work, i have a yaris tsport then he turned up in a blandrolla tsport. lads at work thought i would be doomed, i thought sod it if his motor is cold he would not have high lift. we set off from work, got to the bypass with him following, i ended up pulling away.

next day his excuse was no traction so i pointed out blandrolla has traction control but the yaris has not. he was slightly miffed. i'd have no chance if it was warm though but it caused many "sorry i can't race its too cold" and " 0 - 60 when i get warm i might consider a race, oh you've already gone" jokes.

i have driven both though as i am a main dealer mechanic and i have to say i love the high lift noise and pull, but i manage 37 mpg out of the yaris

nice to see you rag de %$( outta ya car in when its still cold LOL

Which main dealer do you work at may I ask? Just so i can avoid it

• 2 weeks later...

nice to see you rag de %$( outta ya car in when its still cold LOL

Which main dealer do you work at may I ask? Just so i can avoid it

i have never blown an engine, had excessive oil consumption or had a rattley engine, so my driving / maintanace is doing no problems

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links