Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Many 20v Black Top Ecus Are There?

EP914AGE

Hi guys, noob here. I've put up a post a few days ago, but still no reply for it yet. Anyway, I've just had a 4AGE 20V black top N/A fitted into my EP91 Starlet. However, there are a couple of things I am having trouble with.

1, I can't find the engine number, so I can register it with the DVLA. The engine was from Fensport, so no car with it, just engine, gearbox, ecu and loom. My brother had a 96 Levin, but when I opened his bonnet and looked for the id plate, for the engine number, it just says the engine code - 4AGE, NOT the proper engine number. So does anyone know where the engine number is please?

2, I am trying to fit an auxiliary tachometer, but am having trouble finding the CORRECT ecu pin out schematic for my ecu. I have found 2 different sites that give 2 different pin positions for the IGT pin. 1 site says it is pin 4, which on my ecu is black, but the other site it says pin 20, and says it SHOULD be a black wire, but on MY ecu, it has a WHITE wire!?!?!

This is my ecu part number - 89661 - 1A470 (261622) << this number is for the number of pins in each plug, 26,16,22

Has anyone got the same number?

Can someone help please.

I think i have that ecu part number mate!

Oh, ok, in that case, can you have a look at your vin plate. Standing in front of the car looking back, with th ebonnet open of course. rear right corner on the bulkhead I think. Can you have a look at your engine number. I got a number Tippexed on the top of the cam pulley cover, but don't know if it the engine number or not. 4A-L769231. <<Would this be the engine number? I need it to register the logbook with DVLA to notify of the engine change.

• 2 months later...
I think i have that ecu part number mate!

Oh, ok, in that case, can you have a look at your vin plate. Standing in front of the car looking back, with th ebonnet open of course. rear right corner on the bulkhead I think. Can you have a look at your engine number. I got a number Tippexed on the top of the cam pulley cover, but don't know if it the engine number or not. 4A-L769231. <<Would this be the engine number? I need it to register the logbook with DVLA to notify of the engine change.

4A-L769231 is just the engine number.

I had changed a 4age blacktop in my echo(Chinese version),nice 2 meet u

and u can find the right ecu pin for ur tachnometer by entering the websit below.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/support_wiring.asp

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links