Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Project St185

makiavelikus

Hello and happy easter

My next step is getting a fuel pump (the OE still works but i'd like some improved stuff)

as far as i've been capable to learn WALBRO is very good option but if don't really race with the car when you go low gives some problems, then there is Bosch, DENSO, and if i have understood right you can use the Supra jza80 tt's one.

Then there are some that go inside the fuel tank and others outside.

Is everything i know and i'd appreciate any advice at all.

the one you want is the Walbro, it's an in tank pump and flow 440litres per hour IIRC, to fit it you need to drop the fuel tank down, not an easy job and usually people break the straps so be prepared to make a trip to your toyota dealers to order one in.

i think the Supra pump is a possible replacement, i know a friend who fitted one to his Glanza V but i don't know the flow rate for that pump so can't comment

thanks for answering

to be honest all i know about this matter i picked it up from "alltrac.net" where they explain it really good but as i'm a complete dummy i'm still doubting, but the most important you've told me is the fuel tank thing(i knew it could not be easy).

i shall consult my mechanic before i purchase the pump.

thanks.

IIRC the supra one outflows the walbro but cant confirm it, ill see if i can dig out the info. walbro is the most common i run one in the rolla, 255ltrs per hour, 440 is the cc of the 185 injectors. ;)

being in spain i would guess your car is a lot cleaner than the UK ones so should be a nice easy job for you, make sure you run the tank low before fitting it though as a full tank is very heavy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links