Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Roadster Tyre Pressure

Laura81uk

Can anyone help me, i had a flat tyre, rear whel passenger side which i filled up with air today, filled it up to 22?? and all the other tyres too..

Is this the correct pressure for all tyres because i looked in my manual and bein the girl that i am, couldnt understand it!!

Got my hands filthy too!! Gross!! :crybaby:

Hope someone can help me!!

Cheers!!

xx

22psi is not enough

i dont know about the roadster, but you wont go wrong with 32psi - rears, 30psi - fronts

Thanks, i'll get my backside back to the garage then!! Don't want my tyres popping!

Rear = 32 PSI or 2.2 BAR

Front = 26 PSI or 1.8 BAR

With most gauges, the PSI scale is in Red and the BAR scale is in black.

I personally run mine at 25 psi front and 29 psi rear.

I would also recommend that you take your tyre along to your local tyre retailer (preferably not "the boys to trust", as in my experience.. you just can't) and get it checked, there could be a hidden danger lurking within your tyre that has caused it to loose pressure.

If you are told your tyre isn't repairable, ask why and listen to the reason why not, if you aren't happy with the explanation and feel that your tyre can be repaired, go for a second opinion elsewhere.

If they say that the puncture (should it have one) is too close to the edge.. here is a guide so that you can check yourself...

repair.gif

Area "t" is the "reparable area" anywhere out with this area and it can't be repaired safely.

With it being a rear tyre it will be wider than 200mm... so the repairable area is the centre 70% of the tyres width.

If at the end of the day you require a new tyre, it is very important on the Roadster that all 4 tyres are the same make and model (albeit with wider rear tyres)... don't be tempted to put on a tyre that is different to what is on the car (assuming all your tyres are the same). It is also worth shopping around for prices... you can save a few bob.

Ok thanks for the info! So if i take it along to a tyre place they will be able to tell me if it has a puncture or not?

All 4 of the tyres were low on air so chances are they could just not have been filled up for a while? I should know all about air pressure really, our sterilisers at work, work to the same pressure amount as the tyres! :)

If you monitor your tyre pressures over the next few days/weeks you will know if you are loosing any air, if you are.. pop along to your local tyre shop and get them to check. It is ALWAYS best to check the pressures useing the SAME AIR LINE/GAUGE each time as different gauges can sometimes give slightly different readings... it's a good idea to get yourself a small digital one from your local car accessory shop.

We are all supposed to check our pressures weekly.. but not many of us do (not even me and I'm a tyre fitter :lol:) I check mine once a month and find that is good enough for me personally.

If you take your tyre to your local place to get them checked, it is possible that they won't find anything, even though you ARE loosing pressure.... in these cases it is normally a leaky seal or valve that only becomes noticeable with the weight of the car on the tyre, what I do in these cases is dismount the tyre from the wheel and clean up the seal by removing any rust/oxidization, replace the valve, add some sealing compound and refit and balance the tyre... this normally does the trick :)

ive not checked mines.............. ever..........

maybe i should lol x

maybe i should lol x

Naughty naughty ;)

Thanks for the advice though everyone, this forum is great! Never thought in a million years i'd be so obsessed about a car.... my last car never had this much care and attention!! xx

• 5 weeks later...

maybe i should lol x

Yeah,they say the MR2 roadster is really sensitive to tyre pressures in its handling.

Make sure you keep it near the ball park figures to keep safe!

• 1 year later...
Can anyone help me, i had a flat tyre, rear whel passenger side which i filled up with air today, filled it up to 22?? and all the other tyres too..

Is this the correct pressure for all tyres because i looked in my manual and bein the girl that i am, couldnt understand it!!

Got my hands filthy too!! Gross!! :crybaby:

Hope someone can help me!!

Cheers!!

xx

I've been filling mine to 26 front 36 rear as stated (somewhere, lol), hopefully this is right. (P6000s)

32psi for the rears, 36 is a little to high.

Checked my book again and it does indeed say 32. Which was my original source, hope I've not been putting 36 in, think my brain had melted when I said 36.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links