Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Clutch

drskeptical

Hi all

I had a new clutch fitted yesterday at my local RRG, after a recall. All went well.

When I collected the car, all I could notice is that the bite point was a little sooner than before otherwise all was ok. I was just having one of those moments where you really enjoy the car, I had it valeted the day before, and so the moment was fantastic, THEN...

At a road junction I put the indicator on to turn left, the ignition shut down for a brief second and re started. EEK, I thought, somewhat concerned now I started to drive a little more cautiously, only to have it happen again on my next left turn. Resulting in the radio and phone re booting along with the rest of the system. This time as I was expecting a problem I noticed the dash come back to life as if you have just turned on the ignition.

I called RRG, they advised me to come back immediately. This I did, they checked it out and found no problems, typical I thought. They gave the car back to me and off I went again, this time on high alert. This journey was un-eventful. I got home without any problems. I have also been driving around today without any further problems.

They did say to me it could be because they drained the fuel system to replace the clutch, and could have been an air lock causing the pump to shut off. How true this is I don't know.

Any one else had a similar problem?

I'd tend to think they forgot to fasten the earth strap properly.

How did you know about the recall? what reg it?

Thanks

How did you know about the recall? what reg it?

Thanks

Hi

It's a funny one this, my RAV is a 56 bought last January, I took it in for a 20000 mile service and they told me it needed a new clutch because it is "snatching"

I personally had no problems whatso ever with the car in ant way shape or form, they told me that there is a new clutch kit for this model and they are fitting them as and when they are required.

New clutch "kit" has no dofference in feel to the previous cluthc except the byte is a bit sooner. Of course they could have just adjusted it but who knows? :(

Hi

10 out of 10 B)

Same problem happened again today, so off I go to RRG.

This time they put the computer on and found error codes matching my fault description. After half an hour or so they found the earth connection loose. This also makes sense to me as the main cause of the problems.

Any way they sorted it out and gave me a little red easter egg for my troubles :)

Hi

10 out of 10 B)

Same problem happened again today, so off I go to RRG.

This time they put the computer on and found error codes matching my fault description. After half an hour or so they found the earth connection loose. This also makes sense to me as the main cause of the problems.

Any way they sorted it out and gave me a little red easter egg for my troubles :)

Hmmm - sometimes its the wee simple jobs that cause the biggest headache. Unfortunately in the rush to get things back together, its something often overlooked.

Bothy

You haven't got that "other peoples earth strap loosening fetish" again have you?

Bothy

You haven't got that "other peoples earth strap loosening fetish" again have you?

Just that I've had some bother with the lighting board connections between the caravan and several different vehicles. Earthing affects everything...but how i earth a 7KW generator is challenging - a 6' mobile spike??? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links