Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Celica Gt Four Specifications

nix125

Hi there Im looking at buying a toyota celica gen 5 GT4 turbo. Please can someone who has lots of knowledge on these cars tell me what years, engine codes and bhp they have. I want to get the most powerful one they did and have heard that a 1994 jap import is the one to go for somthing about st 203 at 255 bhp with the pop up headlamps? what do you need to look for on the car to identify each different spec of these cars, apparently the jap imports are the most powerful just like the mr2 93 imports 245 bhp?

I would be very greatful if anyone has any information on this topic. I am specifically looking at the gen 5 with pop up headlamps 1990 - 1994 but other years would be interesting to learn about too.

Many Thanks

:D

hello, i'm not a mechanics expert but, after to buy my one it's been kind of a requisit to learn all about models engine type and stuff like that.

as far as i know, in pop-up lights you've got the st165 and st185, the st 185 its got the gt4 2ltr turbo as the most powerfull (engine type 3sgte) with 204bph, then with a bigger intercooler and a few more details there is the one i've got, the "carlos sainz" limited edition with 208bph, you can easily recon it for the air intake on the hood which is the same as the st205 (4round head lights and 245bph) and the front bumper.

then i've red in several places about a 2.2ltr alltrac version, but i don't know much about it.

if you really wat to achieve very complete and usefull information visit www.gtfours.co.uk.com it's great.

yea i think your friend has got confused. in 1994 the new gt four st 205 came out (as far as i know) its the 1 with the round lights (the 1 in my pic) the pop up lights are the st165 (older model) and the st 185. the jap import of the st205 was 255bhp and uk model was 245bhp i think. a standard 185 would be around the 205bhp mark

Alright mate i'd go for a jap import any thing from 1990- 94 but not the carlos sainz instead i would put a front mount intercooler on and turn the boost up to amout 12psi (safe level) and you should be seeing a good increase in power plus when they come from japan normally they are slightly modded anyway ( exaught, manifold) if your lucky.

Olly

The most powerful GT4 and the one with the "pop-up head lights" are 2 different things. St205 1994 jap import would be the most powerful at 255bhp. The ones with the pop-up lights are st165 and 185 the most powerful of these would be either the st185RC or CS. You can tell if it is an RC or CS becuase the hoodscoop is different and chances are their would be an emblem somewhere on the vehicle to give it away, as well.