Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mechanic Problems(engine Change)

markieb

ok i had an engine change done to my 91 celica one taken out another engine dropped in all the ancillaries put on the new engine.the abs light stayed on and never went out after driving it for 500 miles to do the run in took it back anyways after speaking to the only mechanic there he enlightens me as to why ive had so much trouble with various issues there was a trainee there apparently the boss wanted my car to be the trainee's baby to work on?????? :angry: :( now surely there is some rule against this in the motor trade?surely they have to be qualified before they do an compleate engine change i mean WTF!!!!!the head mechanic said he hasnt done any of the work on the car himself as he was told to let the lad work on it the car runs ect but there are bolts ect missing here there and everywhere :angry:

p.s thanks to all the people who helped me on the distributor threads and other threads ive asked about stuff on

no law but they should be supervised and extra checks done on their work. everyone has to learn on some ones car but as long as their work is confirmed that is ok, TBH i would ask for something in return as it sounds like you have had a raw deal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links