Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Vsc

PayDay

I was driving along in a straight line this morning, doing about 30mph.

When I noticed that the VSC OFF and VSC light came on the dash board. So I pulled over turned the engine off and back on again and they havn't come on again.

Should I worry? :help:

• 3 weeks later...

I think you do need to have it looked at and I wish you better luck than I've been having in getting my problem resolved. I bought a new '03 4Runner Limited about a month ago. While driving normally in perfect driving conditions, the VSC system engaged on my vehicle on 3 separate occasions. It almost caused me to lose control of my vehicle--luckily it was a weekend afternoon and no one collided with me. My car has been at the dealer for about a week now and they haven't been able to identify the problem and are proposing to return the call to me without making any repair to or replacing the system because they haven't been able to "replicate the condition". I can't believe that the dealer or Toyota would try to knowingly put a vehicle with a serious saftey defect like this back on the street rather than replacing the components to the VSC system. I've called Toyota and hopefully they're be more responsible than the dealer. Luckily it was your light that came on and not the actual VSC system itself that engaged. Has anyone else had a problem like mine?

• 1 month later...

i have a 2004 highlander. drove for 3000 miles. In a sunny day.

The VSC light start blinking. Then a lot of clicking noise coming from

the wheel. Then the engine lost power. It happen on and off for

four times in 10 minutes.

Still waiting for the dealer to call.

The dealer call and say nothing wrong.

Any one know why the dealer don't want to fix the VSC problem.

Is is because they can't make any money on it.

Sorry for being thicker than the offspring of a TV weather girl and a village idiot, but what on earth is VSC. :blink:

Cos I only have a lowly 99 2.0 GLS and only just found out yesterday , that mine has heated wing mirrors :thumbsup: after having it for a year :P .

I was driving along in a straight line this morning, doing about 30mph.

When I noticed that the VSC OFF and VSC light came on the dash board. So I pulled over turned the engine off and back on again and they havn't come on again.

Should I worry? :help:

The traction control off light came on on my dashboard once. It wouldn't go off either if I pressed the button. I switched the engine off and back on again and haven't had a problem since (it was months ago and I'd forgotten about it until now!). The traction control light and system definitely work ok though ;) Not sure about the VSC though as I've never managed to get it to kick in - must try harder :lol:

By the way bfckarlos, VSC = Vehicle Stability Control. It's some computer wizardry that works the brakes and throttle to help stop you crashing (or at least I thought it was before reading the posts above :eek: )

By the way bfckarlos, VSC = Vehicle Stability Control. It's some computer wizardry that works the brakes and throttle to help stop you crashing (or at least I thought it was before reading the posts above  :eek: )

Thanks for that.

It seems the more they advance technology, the more we expect it to work right all the time. Yet we still put our trust in a bunch of wires and a circuit board, sorry but to me it justs seems that more things can go wrong.

A friend of mine has a two year old C5, which he got from new, and he has intermittent problem with it. If it starts to rain lightly the wipers come on full, or if it rains heavily they come on intermittent.

And in the past, he experienced the drivers window go down by itself when it started to rain, and wouldn't go up. :censor:

One of the doors doesn't lock properly, and the temp gauge is dodgey.

See, technology gone barmy, but then what can you expect it is a Citroen.

But regardless of what I've just said, we do still love the gadgets!!! :group-cuddles:

I have had experience with vsc for a while now and its saved me a few bumps.

How it works is that there are sensors all over the car on the drive wheels the brakes the steering the suspension all over, these sensors detect an accident before it happens.

So say your driving along as normal but you hit a pothole or steer around a bend on mud (or even an empty crisp packet) the sensors would pick this up and warn you even though you didn’t feel anything’s wrong.

Once you switch the engine off the system resets itself (like a restart on your home PC)

So as long as the vsc light doesn’t stay on after starting the engine there shouldn’t be a problem? Just like the airbag light and the abs light ive had all these lights appear for no apparent reason but they go after a restart so no problem (make a note of it and ask your dealer to run a computer diagnostic check on your next service)

Hope this helps..

taximan

A friend of mine has a two year old C5, which he got from new, and he has intermittent problem with it. If it starts to rain lightly the wipers come on full, or if it rains heavily they come on intermittent.

And in the past, he experienced the drivers window go down by itself when it started to rain, and wouldn't go up. :censor:

One of the doors doesn't lock properly, and the temp gauge is dodgey.

See, technology gone barmy, but then what can you expect it is a Citroen.

Well my last car, a Peugeot, had so many gadgets I think it couldn't cope. The electric windows would stop working, the dashboard lights would stay on even though I'd switched the lights off and got out and locked the car.

And best of all it had a display in the centre of the dashboard that would give random warnings like immobiliser fault or antipollution fault - I'm so glad I swapped it for my Corolla :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...

Hi. I have a similar problem.

The other week i was driving home from work, the rain started hammering down (usual for Scotland) so i put the wipers on full belt. As soon as i did this, the engine burped a wee bit and sounded like it was misfiring, then the 'VSC" and "VSC OFF" lights came on. They have been on ever since.

The car is a 51 plate Avensis CDX 2.0 VVTi, i've had it for about eight months, three of which the Engine Management light has been on for with a dodgy Lamdus (spelling?) sensor. Tested it, but just not fixed it.

Any ideas how to reset the VSC?

I happened once before, but all the lights went off when i started it the next morning...

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The other week i was driving home from work, the rain started hammering down (usual for Scotland) so i put the wipers on full belt. As soon as i did this, the engine burped a wee bit and sounded like it was misfiring, then the 'VSC" and "VSC OFF" lights came on. They have been on ever since.

The car is a 51 plate Avensis CDX 2.0 VVTi, i've had it for about eight months, three of which the Engine Management light has been on for with a dodgy Lamdus (spelling?) sensor. Tested it, but just not fixed it.

I happened once before, but all the lights went off when i started it the next morning...

Had a similar problem on my Avensis. Turned out that after having the steering wheel centered the lights went out and have not been on since. Not sure if there is a sensor on the steering box/shaft that is sending a signal to the ECU saying the steering is being turned but the car is still going straight.

• Like 1

Had a similar problem on my Avensis. Turned out that after having the steering wheel centered the lights went out and have not been on since. Not sure if there is a sensor on the steering box/shaft that is sending a signal to the ECU saying the steering is being turned but the car is still going straight.

Could that really be the problem? How did you centre your steering wheel?