Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scuff Plates Front And Rear

Mc Tavish

Hi folks again its on the style pack theme again..... i know you must be getting tired of this I CERTAINLY AM !!!!!! the front and rear scuff plates which is included in the pack are they supposed to be chrome,metal with the Rav4 logo on them ? as per optional extras page in brochure as aposed to a dark grey plate with ridges (i think they are standard on all Rav's) can anyone enlighten me is this the case?

Just about to go into orbit 5.....4......3...quick someone help! :help2:

McTavish

This is a picture from the Toyota system

118704957_o.gif

Sorry its not a very good picture, only one I have

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nice touch eh?

McTavish

Can I come with you when you go to see Uncle Arnold?? I want to watch while you show the sales manager the picture and then drag him outside by his ear and ask him to show them to you on your car.

"do they look chrome to you???"

Nice touch eh?

McTavish

Can I come with you when you go to see Uncle Arnold?? I want to watch while you show the sales manager the picture and then drag him outside by his ear and ask him to show them to you on your car.

"do they look chrome to you???"

Ohh yes all are welcome ....dont delay ticket sales are sky rocketing and are almost sold out ring side seats are still available..!!! :boxing: dont think ill sleep on Friday night!!! Got to get there early as there only open till 12.30 (service dept) As i've already said dont think ill be able to remain as calm as ive been may have to take another shirt wi me just in case Mr Robert Bruce Banner puts an appearancehulk-from-the-movie.jpg or even worse MUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (thundercat blast from the past)

:angry: McTavish

Easy McTavish, you might have a heart attack before you get there.........deep breaths man............Your ranting like I do :lol: :lol:

Easy McTavish, you might have a heart attack before you get there.........deep breaths man............Your ranting like I do :lol: :lol:

Sorry.........Just off niteshift wat do you expect? ......3amp fuse easy blown "function well sleep without i don't " :yawn: everybodys allowed a rant arnt they...?

You are indeed allowed a rant, I do it regularly............but then I sit back and think, i should'nt have said that, :lol:

You are indeed allowed a rant, I do it regularly............but then I sit back and think, i should'nt have said that, :lol:

Some things are said in the Heat of the moment :!Removed!: :censor: .. but the service and fob off McTavish has been getting is despicable...

If you want I can send some One syllable Words you can use in the conversation with the dealer :D :D :D :D

I couldnt agree more chaps, shoddy is one word. I wasnt trying to have a pop McTavish, I was trying to be humourous, but it looked like it backfired :blowup: :D:

I couldnt agree more chaps, shoddy is one word. I wasnt trying to have a pop McTavish, I was trying to be humourous, but it looked like it backfired :blowup: :D:

Kingo...Just read through Lindrop latest news letter..sold the first V8 Landcruiser then.....just before the owner has to pay the increased TAX...but then again if you can afford the V8 that's irrelevant...... :P :P :P :P :P :P

Having just TAXED the wifes 1.6 car and it's gone up an extra £3 because Mr Darling said so ;) ;) over 6 months....

No worries haven't spat the dummy with anyone here just finding it hard to see the funny side o this whole shambles and i supposed a rant on here eases the burden but tomorrow i will unburden myself fully at garage and will feel alot better .... i hope!

McTavish :blink:

Oh and all suggestions of words to use tomorrow will be gratefully recieved (be warned i have quite a list already) :censor:

Hi m8,

I had the same discussion with MrT. I was advised after collection and of my XTR that the style pack is different for us!

On the XTR I was told that we get front and rear scuff plates, as in the picture shown in the thread AND get chrome side and rear strips, these follow the contour line horizontal low on the side (body) and along the rear tailgate just above the number plate.

TBH I hate the chrome strips and reminds me of the ol Rover Cars just before Rover went down the pan. It reminds me of old men in peak caps collecting their pension and driving around with green wellies in the back and a staff

IF I was advised of this, I'd have said forget the tyle pack, order the steps off eBay and save myself the £650

Keep up updated m8 of how you get on at MR T :)

This is a picture from the Toyota system

118704957_o.gif

Sorry its not a very good picture, only one I have

How are these fitted?

Thanks

Hi JKV and Notebook firstly note book theScuff Plates fitting instructions link and JKV have you read the post " STYLE PACK- XTR NUDGE BAR DOES IT FIT?" but yes after my Rav was ordered there seemed to be some confusion at the "style" of style pack we were getting but we were told that there would be no problem fitting the one with the nudge bar.....! How wrong they were however as far as i can see the nudge bar will fit but the existing under run plate (silver thing in middle of bumper at bottom) MUST BE REMOVED FIRST.

The saga continues ............. on arrival at garage on Saturday morning we were met before we got into the showroom and asked who we wanted to speak to we were then met outside at the car by the workshop manager and our salesman (great service i hear you say read on)where apon, as expected the nudge bar was re-examined and it was agreed that there was an issue with the fitting and yet another attempt would be made at fitting it correctly, it was then i dropped the bomb of the lack of scuff plates front and rear...... to the answer "i don't think you get scuff plates with the style pack " as i was slowly pulling the brochure out of my pocket opened at the page.... it was then silence decended on our little meeting and red faces started to appear an then the mood changed to the finger pointing excerise "sales fault" "no workshops fault" it was then i cried manager "sorry he's busy with the area manager just now" (Being met in car park outside was now becoming clear) i said "GREAT LETS SPEAK TO THEM BOTH" thing started to move very fast then scuff plates were ordered courtesy cars were booked uplift and delivery organised and a full tank of diesel for when the car was delivered back to me and that was just for starters. I eventualy got to speak with the general manager who reassured me that all of the jobs would be done and the car would not be returned until he had looked at it and given it his approval...... so fingers crossed that when the Rav goes back to them i'll get back what i've paid for and want. We havn't spoke about what is due to us in recompence suggestions....? i was thinking first years service for nowt or is that being too ambitious??

:unsure: sorry about the longwinded story but it's been a long road

Kingo...Just read through Lindrop latest news letter..sold the first V8 Landcruiser then.....just before the owner has to pay the increased TAX...but then again if you can afford the V8 that's irrelevant...... :P :P :P :P :P :P

Having just TAXED the wifes 1.6 car and it's gone up an extra £3 because Mr Darling said so ;) ;) over 6 months....

Yep the first V8 went out the other day, wow that is some car :D:

Hope you liked the newsletter, takes me ages to put it all together and send out

Hi JKV and Notebook firstly note book theScuff Plates fitting instructions link and JKV have you read the post " STYLE PACK- XTR NUDGE BAR DOES IT FIT?" but yes after my Rav was ordered there seemed to be some confusion at the "style" of style pack we were getting but we were told that there would be no problem fitting the one with the nudge bar.....! How wrong they were however as far as i can see the nudge bar will fit but the existing under run plate (silver thing in middle of bumper at bottom) MUST BE REMOVED FIRST.

The saga continues ............. on arrival at garage on Saturday morning we were met before we got into the showroom and asked who we wanted to speak to we were then met outside at the car by the workshop manager and our salesman (great service i hear you say read on)where apon, as expected the nudge bar was re-examined and it was agreed that there was an issue with the fitting and yet another attempt would be made at fitting it correctly, it was then i dropped the bomb of the lack of scuff plates front and rear...... to the answer "i don't think you get scuff plates with the style pack " as i was slowly pulling the brochure out of my pocket opened at the page.... it was then silence decended on our little meeting and red faces started to appear an then the mood changed to the finger pointing excerise "sales fault" "no workshops fault" it was then i cried manager "sorry he's busy with the area manager just now" (Being met in car park outside was now becoming clear) i said "GREAT LETS SPEAK TO THEM BOTH" thing started to move very fast then scuff plates were ordered courtesy cars were booked uplift and delivery organised and a full tank of diesel for when the car was delivered back to me and that was just for starters. I eventualy got to speak with the general manager who reassured me that all of the jobs would be done and the car would not be returned until he had looked at it and given it his approval...... so fingers crossed that when the Rav goes back to them i'll get back what i've paid for and want. We havn't spoke about what is due to us in recompence suggestions....? i was thinking first years service for nowt or is that being too ambitious??

:unsure: sorry about the longwinded story but it's been a long road

Glad there's light at the end of the tunnel but let's not celebrate until you have seen that front gaurd sitting something like properly!

You can always try for something else - as I said before you get nowt if you don't ask but it is at their discretion so don't be too disappointed if they have had enough of it as well!

The main thing is that it looks like it is coming to a conclusion and just think - you have taught them how a style pack should be applied to an XTR. And you didn't kill anyone in the process - a fine demonstration of patience!

Forget the first years service for nowt - ask them for a 3 year service plan FOC and an extended Warranty :thumbsup:

They obviously thought they could get away with fobbing you off :angry2:

Now you got them on the hook, let's seem 'em wriggle :fishyface:

Forget the first years service for nowt - ask them for a 3 year service plan FOC and an extended Warranty :thumbsup:

They obviously thought they could get away with fobbing you off :angry2:

Now you got them on the hook, let's seem 'em wriggle :fishyface:

I like your style...... aim high think i will let them stew for a few days then hit them with that idea......... good man :)

McTavish :D

It's a sad reflection on the garage when the customer goes back with a problem and the technical solution to it (THANKS TO YOU GUYS) because they appear not to have any idea on how to fix it....and of course not fitting the full style pack was shabby to say the least ,but once again a BIG THANK YOU to all suggestions and solutions to all that have posted and i hope that my experiance of the style pack and the issues with it being fitted on the XTR can help with anyone thinking of the nudge bar and hopefully help anyone aviod having the same problems as i did....I hope these thanks are not too premature :unsure:

McTavish :clap:

It's a sad reflection on the garage when the customer goes back with a problem and the technical solution to it (THANKS TO YOU GUYS) because they appear not to have any idea on how to fix it....and of course not fitting the full style pack was shabby to say the least ,but once again a BIG THANK YOU to all suggestions and solutions to all that have posted and i hope that my experiance of the style pack and the issues with it being fitted on the XTR can help with anyone thinking of the nudge bar and hopefully help anyone aviod having the same problems as i did....I hope these thanks are not too premature :unsure:

McTavish :clap:

Well you could always tell the garage to take a look on here for any pointers on how to do the jobs as spec...

Bad publicity is always damaging and I'm sure many penitential buyers will look on site's like this before purchasing.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links