Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T-sport Ice Information And Upgrading

Lozza

Hi

I am just after some advice about upgrading my default CD sterio system in my new Yaris T-Sport.

Does anyone know the power output and other specs of the toyota standard CD player? & Speakers?

Also is it tricky to wire-up a 3rd-Party head unit?

I have to take a power line and a speaker channel line into the boot to get my sub working. Does anyone have any guides or advice on how I do this neetly?

Also is it worth upgrading the current Speakers in the car to say some sony's or pioneers???

Thanks for your help - I love my Yaris but the ICE is a bit poo

is it tricky to wire-up a 3rd-Party head unit

if you've done it before then no

remove the temp control dials, there you will see 2 screw, lift the temp control panel(you dont need to remove it), remove the plastic trim arround the cd player and ash tray, you will see 4 screw 2 above cd player 2 below

next i fink the black plastic tray is screwed in(cant remember)

make sure you un plug the CD player

install your head unit

I have to take a power line and a speaker channel line into the boot to get my sub working. Does anyone have any guides or advice on how I do this neetly?

powercable on 1 side of the car and sound cable on the other side, to prevent interference, thats what the experts say. but all my cable run throught the passenger side.

to do it neetly just rip out the plastic trims, and put the cables in

Also is it worth upgrading the current speakers in the car to say some sony's or pioneers???

standard Speakers are only 5W

upgrade the ice! hmmmm....

head7.jpg

boot_nite.jpg

sorry bout the pants pic quality

lozza aswell as what vmail has said check out the workshop submission for more info from yarisboy (sam) and VTRick

and yes the door Speakers are cack and need an upgrade prompt!

Tip when using a digital cam, make sure you are 1-1.2 metres(real maual may be different distance) away from the object(even if it looks clear on the LCD)

quite a bit!

didnt use a digi cam i used my mobile to tkae em

havnt got a proper one yet

I feel 3 is enough for my little 3 door yaris!

:ph34r:

damn right!

although considered 5 for the overkill :ph34r:

cheers si :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

jaxx that is one amazing system!

Thanks for your help!!!

:lol:

ta!

:thumbsup:

i got some nice ice also have a great supplyer for some nice cheap head units form kenwood to sony and so on let me know and i tell you were to buy this and more cheap - only catch is you need a credit card - comes from u.s.a works 100% - and the best of all is if you buy sony its coverd by sony's warrenty world wide . yahoo money savers lol :thumbsup:

ohh yer if any ones intersted ---- l.e.d under car kit with controler for speed - 8 diff movement - and dance to your tunes- for the price of £149+24.50 shippment let me know i give you the eBay site - for this you dont need c.c i can sell to you using- ebay-

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, soon i'm gona be gettin a yaris T-sport (so anyone that knows of anywhere to get cheap used ones please reveal (also is it stupid thinkin i can get one for under £6000?)) and was wondering whether anyones put any Speakers in the back, not in the parcel shelf but cut into the sides or something. Also, can the Speakers on the dash be replaced like the door Speakers, if so what size?

And last... when putting a new headunit in how do you get the big bunch of wires from the unit already inplace and is it easy to put back for when it eventually comes to selling time? :crybaby:

Cheers

Rob

hi mate an welcome to the club

youll be lookin at about 8-9k for a 2nd hander i would think at the minute!

it should be possible to mount Speakers into the side panels but you would have to reinforce the backs of them with a piece of MDF

most ppl mount an aftermarket headunit in palce of the storage compartment on the original head unit and dont worry about the wires in the back they are easy to work around!

:thumbsup:

8-9k well for my sake i hope you're wrong, lol

yeah that'd make sense about the reinforcing thing otherwise the plastic will flex i guess

the only other thing was the size of the Speakers on the dash (probably very small)

Cheers

Rob

oh yeah, just one other thing. Everyone goes on about lexus lights these days but they can look SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheap sometimes. If u've seen the newer 3D style lights they're SO much nicer, the only prob being i cant find any on the net for the yaris. Any ideas?

Rob

well i reckon they look like too much silver :wacko: It's just ive seen some 3d lights they look so much more stylish. Black backround plastic and the light clusters at different lengths from the car (proving the name "3d light") with a chrome ring around them, they look neater and different cuz EVERYONE has the normal lexus lights. I saw them at a car show i dont have the pics any more unfortunately.