Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slowing Down Noise?

madder

I have a 97 Carine E SLI leanburn. 1.6 petrol. When I slow down I am hearing a noise. It's kind of a rough noise, possibly from the exhaust. I know it's due an oil change and is booked in for tomorrow. I have mentioned in a previous post that the engine light is always on. It passed a previous NCT car test with this light on, and so I have been led to believe it's a simple electrical fault. Could it be related to the noise? But the light has been on for 3-4 years!

Perhaps the oil change will work it out? The car drives really well though, and shows no signs of stopping even at 186k miles on it!!!!!!

It is not due to worn front pads is it? (Noise when braking?). Ask you garage to check them.

Thanks for the reply. No, actually, it isn't when Braking. It happens when slowing down, not braking. When I release the accelerator, and usually in a lower gear, though not always? So not braking or clutching or accelerating!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links